Unlock with Apple Watch feature

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
You don't need to be connected to WiFi - you just need WiFi to be turned on for both devices. It doesn't have to be connected to each other. The two devices use WiFi and Bluetooth to see each other and time how long it takes for packets to get from one device to the other and back, which tells the phone how close the watch is - it needs to be within 3 meters (10 feet) IIRC.

I don’t think so.
4d8e1b0c48a0e028dd36c18e0aa48d77.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The feature is not perfect. I was at the grocery store today and while trying to unlock to send a text to my wife, the phone was telling me to move it closer to my watch in order to unlock. I was holding the phone in my left hand with the watch on my left wrist - it would’ve been hard to be any closer. The first failure I’ve seen so far.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The feature is not perfect. I was at the grocery store today and while trying to unlock to send a text to my wife, the phone was telling me to move it closer to my watch in order to unlock. I was holding the phone in my left hand with the watch on my left wrist - it would’ve been hard to be any closer. The first failure I’ve seen so far.

I had a similar experience yesterday for most of the day.

I have no recollection of trying to unlock my phone with my face covering today.

akavbb

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Yes, it did. And it worked again today at a local convenience store, where I stop every morning to get my morning caffeine! I have WiFi enabled on both devices but was not connected to WiFi in the store.

Thank you for the clarification.
I do not want to activate wifi on my wrist for health reasons.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll