Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
It's out... get it!

838140769cf9f4fd67a55fdb10c528f4.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
WatchOS 6 is running really well on my Series 3 Watch. No problems with it whatsoever...

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
WatchOS 6 is running really well on my Series 3 Watch. No problems with it whatsoever...

Ditto!!
Also, I like how the ‘now playing’ app’s control screen’s large circle around the playback controls shows the current position of the music track/audio media playing back. Before it showed the volume level adjustments, that’s now shown on the upper right hand side of the screen as a green vertical bar (which only appears as you’re adjusting the volume with the Digital Crown).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
OMG the wifi is horrible here at work, and it's taking forever. I'm still seeing 14 hours to install. What happens if I pull it off the charger and wait til I get home tonight?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
OMG the wifi is horrible here at work, and it's taking forever. I'm still seeing 14 hours to install. What happens if I pull it off the charger and wait til I get home tonight?

Not much. If it’s downloading, you’re good to take it off charger and wear the Watch.
Just make sure to never take it off charger while it’s in the process of updating. There is a subtle difference between downloading an update and performing an update.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Not much. If it’s downloading, you’re good to take it off charger and wear the Watch.
Just make sure to never take it off charger while it’s in the process of updating. There is a subtle difference between downloading an update and performing an update.

By performing an update, do you mean installing an update?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!!!

Another pro tip: when downloading an update to the watch, disable Bluetooth in Settings. That will kill the Bluetooth radio entirely and force the watch to download over WiFi, which is significantly faster than over Bluetooth. Food for thought.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Another pro tip: when downloading an update to the watch, disable Bluetooth in Settings. That will kill the Bluetooth radio entirely and force the watch to download over WiFi, which is significantly faster than over Bluetooth. Food for thought.

I'm not sure about this. When I turned off the Bluetooth, the watch disconnected from my iPhone and the update stopped altogether.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm not sure about this. When I turned off the Bluetooth, the watch disconnected from my iPhone and the update stopped altogether.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

That’s weird. My watch connects to the same WiFi as my iPhone when I disable Bluetooth.

Do you by any chance have iCloud Keychain turned off?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2