What would you like to see in Watch OS6?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if there’s a thread. I didn’t see one so I’ll start....

1. watch faces that fit the shape of the watch...square/rectangular. I think that would be a classy addition. Currently, I have to use numerals when I want a sleeker look. There’s nothing wrong with it, but options are good.

2. I’d also like to see the option to mute or change the over color scheme of the infograph faces. They’re extremely busy, then you have every color in the rainbow in it. It’s a lot IMHO

3. Add more workouts

4. Combine the workouts & activity app. There’s no reason they shouldn’t be the same app.

That’s all I can think of right now. What would you all like to see?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I think I make just about this same list every year.

• All digital faces have at least an option for seconds
  • Interval support for running workouts
  • Sleep tracking built in
  • Either better detection of standing or just dump the whole thing
  • More sophisticated activity goals. Stop with the same goal for every day of the week - people should be rewarded for 5 of 7 days, or should be offered easier goals a couple of times per week, with definitive support for rewarding people for taking occasional easy/rest days
  • More sophisticated travel support for the stand ring. If you fly east and lose a few hours in a day, reduce the stand goal as well. The opposite for when you travel west by airplane and gain hours
  • FaceKit for third party watch face development

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see a Delete-All option for text messages because swiping to delete one at a time has gotten old.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see a Delete-All option for text messages because swiping to delete one at a time has gotten old.

Oh, yes, and also finally add iMessage for iCloud support. And fix the damned problem of getting notifcations for text message groups I have set to hide alerts.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to see built-in sleep tracking, more analog watch faces, and the ability to pause monthly challenge goals for a few days without losing credit for the whole month.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
[*]More sophisticated travel support for the stand ring. If you fly east and lose a few hours in a day, reduce the stand goal as well. The opposite for when you travel west by airplane and gain hours

This would be amazing!! I, like many others, travel a lot & it would be great if the activity app had the ability to sense when there’s a time zone change.

I'd like to see built-in sleep tracking, more analog watch faces, and the ability to pause monthly challenge goals for a few days without losing credit for the whole month.

Pausing monthly challenges is huge!! People get sick & travel all the time. They shouldn’t be penalized for not being able to workout for a few days.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’ve never even heard them lol. I keep my watch on vibrate only.

I wish I could do that but then I'd be looking at my watch every time I get a notification. Like my phone, if the watch had about a dozen different tones, I could set different ones for different things. I'd set a specific tone for work emails and that tone would let me know that I don't have to immediately look at it. :)

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, with more thought, a few more things:

• Multiple timers
  • Ability to updates apps and the watchOS itself from the watch - no iPhone needed
  • Ability to manually add workout data to the Activity app - for those times when the watch was broken, you ran out of battery, the watch crashed mid-workout, etc. - in order to use the Activity app as a workout tracker
  • Return home option in workouts - so if you are traveling and go for a run or walk in an unfamiliar place, the workout will guide you back to your starting place
  • Ability to share workout data to third party services automatically, like Strava, Nike, etc., from the stock workout app, so people who use those services can have accurate data
  • A web-based Activity and Health app, so I can see that data without having to look at my phone

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Ok, with more thought, a few more things:

• Multiple timers
  • Ability to updates apps and the watchOS itself from the watch - no iPhone needed
  • Ability to manually add workout data to the Activity app - for those times when the watch was broken, you ran out of battery, the watch crashed mid-workout, etc. - in order to use the Activity app as a workout tracker
  • Return home option in workouts - so if you are traveling and go for a run or walk in an unfamiliar place, the workout will guide you back to your starting place
  • Ability to share workout data to third party services automatically, like Strava, Nike, etc., from the stock workout app, so people who use those services can have accurate data
  • A web-based Activity and Health app, so I can see that data without having to look at my phone

These are great suggestions, especially being able to manually add workout data!

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Surprised no one has yet mentioned the always on watch face option so that one can glance at the watch to see the time just like an old analog watch.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could do that but then I'd be looking at my watch every time I get a notification. Like my phone, if the watch had about a dozen different tones, I could set different ones for different things. I'd set a specific tone for work emails and that tone would let me know that I don't have to immediately look at it. :)

That makes sense!! I forget most people aren’t basic with their use like I am LOL. I have calls, messages, & emails turned off. Weather is the only notification I really like LOL

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Surprised no one has yet mentioned the always on watch face option so that one can glance at the watch to see the time just like an old analog watch.

Then the complaints would roll in about crappy battery life.

Wake on raise works great for me.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
And there will be that one person at the movies that refuses to put their watch in theatre mode.

That doesn't bother me.

Having said that, we went to the movies yesterday. I lost count of the number of times I saw phone screens light up. I finally said in a loud voice "Really, folks? You can't put your phones down for TWO HOURS to watch a move?"

Didn't see another screen the rest of the movie.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2