When will Watch OS 5.1 return to availability?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Watch OS 5.1 was removed from availability a couple of days ago due to bricking several Watches when downloaded. When do you think it will be corrected and made available again? Will Apple be transparent about what went wrong and why it was not caught in the beta testing process?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'd venture to day when Apple releases that information, if they haven't already, then we'll know.

I did thing the update downloaded and installed really fast, and that worried me, but my s3 updated with no issues.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Predictions" Watch OS 5.1 will be available again on Monday, November 5th in the afternoon.
Apple will not explain why the problem was not caught earlier, but will mention what the problem was.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Predictions" Watch OS 5.1 will be available again on Monday, November 5th in the afternoon.
Apple will not explain why the problem was not caught earlier, but will mention what the problem was.

Outside of the tech universe, I doubt anyone would care as long as the issue is resolved. When dealing with software, even in automation, things can become buggy.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The honest answer about when is exactly when Apple is sure that it is ready. The last thing Apple wants to do is to rush an update that has another problem.

Sometimes they tell members of the tech press what the issue was, but not always. For example, there was an issue with watchOS 3.1.1 that caused it to be pulled in December 2016 and it was more than a month before there was an update to 3.1.3 (there was never a 3.1.2), and I don't think that Apple ever reported why 3.1.1 was having issues. So, it could be a while before there is an update, and there may be no official explanation.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I might be today... 5.1 fixes the DST bug on the s4 and its DST on Sunday in the US

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I might be today... 5.1 fixes the DST bug on the s4 and its DST on Sunday in the US

I know that there were issues last month in Australia, but were there issues with this last weekend in Europe when they went back from summer time before 5.1 was released? I saw some stories warning about this about a week ago, but saw nothing about the bug happening last week.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I successfully installed 5.1 on my S4 before it was pulled. Works fine. Now, in the last couple days, if I go to the Watch app and Install Software, it briefly shows the 5.1 install screen, maybe for half a second, and it then disappears. I don’t know what that means and I do not have a developer’s certificate installed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77