How do I put ringtones on my phone

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok, so I have read through all the posts and tried all the options however at the end there IS NOT a Ringtone option in my Itunes. I went to preferences / general and Ringtones does not exist. Am I going crazy because this should be very simple.

I tried myexer however it will not send the ringtone to my phone it tells me to download it and transfer to Itunes.

Grrrrr..

It's not RINGTONES. it's called TONES:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
But they're not. I can't access them from my iPhone. They aren't listed in sounds or music, and even using the search function, they're still not there. For reference, it's an iPhone 4, version 5.1.

The ringtones will be in Settings.app, under Sounds. They are also available for the individual contacts Ringer sounds.

andromeda3116

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The ringtones will be in Settings.app, under Sounds. They are also available for the individual contacts Ringer sounds.

They aren't. They're listed in itunes, and when I pull up my iphone in itunes, and the capacity even says that they're there, but they don't show up in the phone at all, anywhere.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If it is saved as a sound you can send it to yourself and them save as a ringtone. Go to your ringtones and then set it.

If it is saved on my laptop desktop and I email it to myself I can save it on my iPhone? How do I save an attachment on my mail? I can play it, but I can't get it from there to ringtones.

scottalg

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
If they are properly formatted and named, simply drag them to iTunes and sync your phone.

There are plenty of articles on how to create ringtones on TiPb forums, but they must be .M4A formatted, but have the .M4R file extension.
I created a number of them myself doing just that with iTunes...actually pretty easy using the articles out there...