Any VZW employees reading?

sudbury78#WN

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My biggest dilemma is that I have a $150 gift card to Verizon that I would love to use on the iPhone. As I recall from the 4 release last February the Verizon website wouldn't accept the gift card when preordering. So I am now wondering if I can pre order it, pay the price it requires sand gift card and then bring it in store the 21st and return it, thus buying it again with gift card. Haha.

Very sad I am all worked up over saving $150.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When you pre-order, if at all possible have the cost of the iPhone billed to your account - then, turn around and use the gift card to pay your bill.

The buy/return scenario might be technically possible - but I would not recommend it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Great call on the account. I wonder if that option is possible. Thanks.

It should be possible in a corporate retail store, or on the phone with VZW telesales unless your account is quite new (6 months? year?) and you've not been behind paying your bill in the past 6mo?/year?

btw... I'm not a vzw employee - just a seasoned customer...

Last edited:

sudbury78#WN

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Seasoned as well. 13 years. I'll see what I can do. I guess worst case is using that $150 go to the first bill. It would be more fulfilling to use it towards the subsidized price of the 32gb black phone !

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I know for a fact I always bill my account for new phones on sprint. I've been doing this for years. I even did this last year with my 4S...I'm sure same goes with Verizon

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I know for a fact I always bill my account for new phones on sprint. I've been doing this for years. I even did this last year with my 4S...I'm sure same goes with Verizon

If they do then I'm alllll over it. Haha

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If they do then I'm alllll over it. Haha

Account can't be past due. Haven't missed a payment last 6 months. These are rules with Sprint. When the blackberry 9930 came out on Sprint I paid full price for that and billed to my account. It's an extra incentive and gives you 30 extra days to pay for your new shiny device 😄

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have billed every iPhone to my account every year on vzw no issue as long as you been a good customer etc you will have no issue

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
How did you go about doing that? In store? 611? Apple pro order?

You can only bill account to your cell phone account via pre order from your carrier. Last year when I pre-ordered my 4S I did at 1 am on sprints website. As soon as pre-order opened on midnight I started my process. I completed everything via sprint online. Glad I didn't even have to visit a store for anything. Not that it matters...I can walk to my nearest sprint store.

sudbury78#WN

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
and what time of day did you do this? It was probably the 4s release since there wasnt the initial demand there was for the 4 and the soon to be 5. I bet verizon stores will be sold out quite early on release day.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2