Apple Gift Card Swap

jmmcg9

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Help!
My wife gave me a $200 Apple gift card for Christmas. I immediately stashed it away till I could come up with another couple of hundred so I could order a HomePod. As luck would have she gave me another $200 “Apple” gift card for Valentine’s Day yesterday. As I was getting ready to order my HomePod I realized the card was an Apple “App and iTunes” store card. I checked the first card and found the same thing. She purchased them at Best Buy. No big deal, I am an Elite Platinum member, I’ll just get them to swap them out.
Long story, short: Best Buy does not accept returns on third party gift cards. They said I would have to return it at Apple.
The Apple Store would not accept them because they u different packaging than Apple. They said you could exchange them if they were purchase at Apple.
My wife called Apple and talked to a lady that said she could do the swap. She got a call today saying now that they can’t do it.
My wife is really upset as she spent $400 of her hard earned money that we could eventually use, maybe over the next 5 years....
Are we the first people this ever happened to?
Am the first person to actually believe that the iTunes division could complete transactions with the store division?
Google it and I think you’ll find we are not alone.
Hopefully someone in the iMore family has that secret phone number o person that can solve this!
Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:

jmmcg9

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
No luck so far. I was hoping that Tim gave Rene the hotline number at the Hockey game last week. The numbers I’ve been calling sure haven’t led to any solution!

SGB2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
No luck so far. I was hoping that Tim gave Rene the hotline number at the Hockey game last week. The numbers I’ve been calling sure haven’t led to any solution!

I am willing to trade one of your iTunes card with apple card with a 200$ value, drop me PM if you are still interested

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77