I installed Google+ fairly early. Before the public release. I have one friend who posts several times a week. Maybe four other friends who post once every week or two. Lots of people who follow me, but since I don't post anything public- I don't see the point. I can read their posts, but they don't really interest me. None of my family or close friends have adopted it. The interface seems awkward and boring. It is not visually pleasing.

Did you watch F8? I was entranced. I wasn't as annoyed by the Ticker as most- I gave it a chance, and now really like it. I appreciate the little not-so-important comments being removed from my news feed. I installed Timeline as soon as I discovered that could be done ahead of time and have worked the last two weekends adding content from milestone events in the years past. When I look at my timeline, or those of my few friends that have taken the time to install it ahead of time, I see a rich, colorful, interesting documentation of what my friends want to say is important in their lives. I don't know about Open Graph- I'll have to see what it is like when it goes live and I am able to install some of the apps. It looks very interesting, though.

I have _lots_ of close friends, acquaintances, family, coworkers who actively participate on Facebook, most daily, lots constantly! Compared to that, Google+ is just so barren and sterile.
    10-08-2011 09:24 AM
    just curious, has anyone attempted a hangout on their iPhone? if so, how was the quality?
    I haven't started any, but I've participated in a few. The quality is good, probably better than it was back in the day when I was doing a lot of video/irc chat from the pc.

I'm still a huge fan of G+, although I'm so busy these days I'm not posting as prolifically as I once did on Twitter. My only posts on FB are automatic, things like 4square checkins or blog posts.
    10-08-2011 09:34 AM
    Meh.
    I'm to involved in facebook to get up and move to another social network.
    Not to mention the few weeks i spent there, the search didn't work for friends at all. I had to manually get a link to their page.
    10-08-2011 06:38 PM
    I like Google+ for sharing news articles and discovering content. However, I find that since not all my friends have Gmail accounts, then I don't have a lot of people to share with/connect with. Facebook remains my primary network.
    10-08-2011 06:42 PM
    I installed Google+ fairly early. Before the public release. I have one friend who posts several times a week. Maybe four other friends who post once every week or two. Lots of people who follow me, but since I don't post anything public- I don't see the point. I can read their posts, but they don't really interest me. None of my family or close friends have adopted it. The interface seems awkward and boring. It is not visually pleasing.

Did you watch F8? I was entranced. I wasn't as annoyed by the Ticker as most- I gave it a chance, and now really like it. I appreciate the little not-so-important comments being removed from my news feed. I installed Timeline as soon as I discovered that could be done ahead of time and have worked the last two weekends adding content from milestone events in the years past. When I look at my timeline, or those of my few friends that have taken the time to install it ahead of time, I see a rich, colorful, interesting documentation of what my friends want to say is important in their lives. I don't know about Open Graph- I'll have to see what it is like when it goes live and I am able to install some of the apps. It looks very interesting, though.

I have _lots_ of close friends, acquaintances, family, coworkers who actively participate on Facebook, most daily, lots constantly! Compared to that, Google+ is just so barren and sterile.
    How did you get Timeline? I clicked the button to Sign Up, but haven't been upgraded to Timeline yet.
    10-08-2011 06:44 PM
    It was hard enough for me to convince the people I know to get on Twitter.
    10-08-2011 06:47 PM
    I love it. All the advantages of Twitter and a forum rolled into one without the games and silliness associated with Facebook. I could easily use it instead of the other two even without a usable app. After all, when I first started on Twitter there were no apps.

G+ has so much more to offer.
    I agree with Alli. It's like twitter and Facebook combined.
    Alli likes this.
    10-08-2011 06:48 PM
    How did you get Timeline? I clicked the button to Sign Up, but haven't been upgraded to Timeline yet.
    Just Google How To Get Facebook Timeline Now, or similar. You'll find links. There is a step by step pictorial post that tells you exactly what to do. You sign up to be a Facebook developer. It only takes a few minutes.

Once you are a developer and have Timeline, only other developers can see your Timeline now. So then you have to badger your friends into doing it.
    10-08-2011 08:13 PM
    Just Google How To Get Facebook Timeline Now, or similar. You'll find links. There is a step by step pictorial post that tells you exactly what to do. You sign up to be a Facebook developer. It only takes a few minutes.

Once you are a developer and have Timeline, only other developers can see your Timeline now. So then you have to badger your friends into doing it.
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't Timeline, and other new features, supposed to go public soon?
    10-08-2011 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the info I havent ventured in yet but will do - sounds like they could have the right mix
    10-09-2011 07:02 PM
    I think it's superior to FB but 3 G+ friends now and 89 FB, hard to use it....can't even get people to use Twitter.
    11-11-2011 06:16 PM
    I like Google+ than Facebook but really don't think it would attract as many people as Facebook.
    12-01-2011 04:25 AM
    I like Google+ than Facebook but really don't think it would attract as many people as Facebook.
    Same here. I don't think I have more than 5 people to add on G+ that I actually talk to. :/
    12-16-2011 10:37 AM
    In My Opinion G+ Isnt easier than Facebook, I prefer Stay On Twitter than G+ or facebook either, I have not been Checking G+ more than 6 month since i made it, then I keep Get Email notif somebody Added me there, Facebook also, Annoying see New Facebook's Design and Layout..
    Twitter More simple, and Usefull for me..
    12-16-2011 10:55 AM
    This is actually a really good question. In my opinion, it is more like twitter than facebook which I like because I prefer twitter anyways. Sadly however, all my friends use facebook a good amount use twitter and almost none use google+.
    12-16-2011 10:57 AM
    Not enjoying Google+
    02-16-2012 07:50 AM
    I have a Google+ account, but I rarely see anyone using it. For me, it's like a barren wasteland. Of course, most people I know do not have a twitter either. They simply use facebook, and I don't think that will change.
    02-16-2012 12:09 PM
    I have a Google+ account, but I rarely see anyone using it. For me, it's like a barren wasteland. Of course, most people I know do not have a twitter either. They simply use facebook, and I don't think that will change.
    True.
    I don't really see the point in using every single social network. One place is just enough. But sadly I needed to join some of them just because some friends prefer facebook to twitter or else.
    02-17-2012 03:18 AM
    Google+ (or G negative as I like to call it lol) has potential, but I don't use it at all anymore. I agree with the previous poster, one social network is really enough...my preference just happens to be Twitter. I do still use Facebook, but mainly just to share pics with family and close friends.
    02-20-2012 12:51 PM
    Many people I know are on it, but they are not using it that much, like several minutes per month.
    However, from what I hear, it's apparently good for your SEO visibility.
    03-07-2012 09:19 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD