After avoiding it for years, I'm going to set up a twitter account, just to follow 'Astro Wheels' . (I love his photography).

Do I need some sort of Twitter client, or can I just go there with Safari?
    04-05-2011 10:32 AM
    IF all you do is read/follow - Safari is fine. If you start tweeting - you might find an app beneficial, either Twitter's own, or 3rd party.
    LazyStarGazer likes this.
    04-05-2011 10:38 AM
    Yes safari is fine but the downfall is you will have to re-login many times. Kind of a pain in the butt. You may want to use twitter for iPhone as it's free and will make your twitter experience better
    04-05-2011 11:11 AM
    I think even if youre not tweeting and just following you will find any of the Twitter apps useful instead of Safari. Reason being is because they normally look better than Safari and it would be easier to navigate. With Safari you MAY have to make the screen larger to read the tweet or the page my load slow, or you may get all the other stuff from the Twitter website. With the Twitter apps it would just go to the persons tweet and you could easily see responses without having to navigate all around the Safari screen. With the Twitter apps you get straight to the point of the tweet. Just my personal opinion though.
    04-05-2011 12:31 PM
    there are plenty of good twitter apps too
    04-05-2011 01:38 PM
    The official twitter app is the one I use. Easier than safari in my opinion.
    04-05-2011 05:29 PM
    Plus, by using the Twitter app you can use push notifications.
    04-05-2011 07:18 PM
    Plus, by using the Twitter app you can use push notifications.
    i really wish they would come up with timeline notification options with the official twitter app
    04-05-2011 07:27 PM
    Thanks for your feedback.

I'm going to start with the one from the app store, and see where that leads.
    04-05-2011 08:01 PM
    You have to use some specific twitter app otherwise u have to relogin again and again.
    04-06-2011 02:25 AM
    lol. So, I installed it last night, mucked around it for a bit, found the person I wanted to follow, but I could not find a button or option anywhwere to follow or add them. Got frustrated, decided to leave it alone for awhile.

This morning i go through my inbox, message from Twitter, follow link to activate, blah blah blah... And a 'Follow' button magically appeared!

:FACEPALM:
    04-06-2011 03:05 PM
    i just added Charlie Sheen (charliesheen) on Twitter a couple of weeks ago

wanted to watch the downward spiral happen, "LIVE"
    04-06-2011 03:34 PM
    i just added Charlie Sheen (charliesheen) on Twitter a couple of weeks ago

wanted to watch the downward spiral happen, "LIVE"
    He's a Darwin Award Candidate in the making... if only twitter was video
    04-06-2011 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD