Twitter Notification question

Se7enth Sinn#IM

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting an iPhone on the 10th but I have a question about the Notifications... For Twitter, if your phone is locked or you're running a different app, will you get some sort of new tweet notifications? With any app, MSN, facebook... or do you have to open the app and look for updates?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You can have it set up to alert you. You have the option for alerts to have just a sound, badge, and/or an alert. So pick your poison. (An alert will wake the phone. While a badge is a simple number by the icon with the number of alerts - will not wake the phone.)

Se7enth Sinn#IM

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You can have it set up to alert you. You have the option for alerts to have just a sound, badge, and/or an alert. So pick your poison. (An alert will wake the phone. While a badge is a simple number by the icon with the number of alerts - will not wake the phone.)

what do you mean it will wake the phone? & and what are you doing here Jeremy I thought you were an Android guy lol. So you're saying if you have the phone in your pocket or on your nightstand the entire phone will light up?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
what do you mean it will wake the phone? & and what are you doing here Jeremy I thought you were an Android guy lol. So you're saying if you have the phone in your pocket or on your nightstand the entire phone will light up?

I own a Android device, Windows Phone, and iPhone. :D

Wake the phone, meaning the phone will light up and see a alert. Again you can change what way you want to be notified with each individual app you install that has push notifications.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, u can set it up where it pushes the content to show a lil "1" next to the icon or even displays a popup on your screen saying there's a new mess on Twitter or whatever.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Boxcar is pretty sweet. i had to finally had to take a good look at my notification options in my twitter timeline...

had so many i was raping my battery :D

Its is so quick to. I use it with Osfoora since that app doesnt have push

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2