Facebook 3.1 now available WITH PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!!

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
App's working perfectly for me. No crashes/inability to post or anything.
Push worked for an hour initially from 3.1.1,then died until yesterday morning and has been working faultlessly. Just updated to .2 and notifications seem to work fine still. Sent a test message and it was instant.
Still no damn vibe/sound though?

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
I'm experiencing the same. 3.1.2 does actually succeed at not crashing every other push notification app, and does actually receive notifications now... at least the badge updates -- I'm totally NOT turning on pop-ups... pop-ups are dumb if you get more than a few notifications an hour. The sound/vibrate is still not working. *sigh* Well, I guess they fixed the worst problem... too bad we're beta testing for them.

ricmax

Dec 15, 2009
www.facebook.com
it only says it fixes some crashes and contact issues.

where did you get the idea that it should fix anything in your list?

well you u see my friend 3.1 INTRODUCED push notifications that are supposed to give you a tone and a vibrate. they still dont. and when a new update is launched one expects problems to be fixed. so i assumed this update would fix this issue.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
well you u see my friend 3.1 INTRODUCED push notifications that are supposed to give you a tone and a vibrate. they still dont. and when a new update is launched one expects problems to be fixed. so i assumed this update would fix this issue.

right, you assumed when it said otherwise.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
right, you assumed when it said otherwise.

To be fair... I don't think that Facebook have actually been forthcoming about what issues are there, and therefore haven't had any pressure to clearly identify which ones they've fixed either. AFAIAC, 3.1.2 is tolerable but still feels like beta.

taroliw

Apr 5, 2005
www.billsden.org
as far as i can see all issues are resolved minus the sound/alerts for push.

Which is what leads people, like the guy who got chastised earlier, to make assumptions. We appreciate developers who actually provide details of what issues got fixed. Many do. Facebook isn't one. :-\

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I get alot of push notes now BUT now when i click the notification to see who left a comment on a pic, it doesnt let me view the comment. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS OFFICIAL!!! I HATE FACEBOOK MOBILE!!!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
X2...Push is working 99%...the other 1% is because i cant view when people post comments on my pix, WTF!! come on FB, get it right! i hope they read this

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Push seems to be working pretty well now. Think we'll ever get notification sounds and vibrate? Sure would be nice.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Which is what leads people, like the guy who got chastised earlier, to make assumptions. We appreciate developers who actually provide details of what issues got fixed. Many do. Facebook isn't one. :-\

there was a changelog that said what was fixed. It couldn't be clearer.

Demnok

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I see more and more Facebook applications for iPhone and other Social Networks like it.Can u rly explain why ur app is better than the others ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77