Banshee...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else catch this show on Cinemax? The first season just ended for anyone curious, so it should be on disk or DL pretty soon.

To give a bit of info on it, it's a show that really caught me and my wife by surprise...she's a huge fan of the show True Blood (I can tolerate it but it gets a little weird sometimes), so we saw the preview and after one episode we were HOOKED...the entire first season was just episode after episode of brilliant writing and a truly dark but awesome story. To give a brief explanation without giving too much away, it essentially follows an unnamed man who escaped from prison and found himself in a small Amish town called Banshee (in Pennsylvania)...when we gets to the town (he was looking for his ex-partner in crime), while drinking at a bar, two thieves walk in, a fight breaks out and he attempts the stop it. Two of the men pull guns and a random guy at the end of the bar tries to talk them down but ends up getting killed (and our unnamed man absolutely destroys the two of them)...turns out, he was there to take the new sheriff's job, but now that he's dead (along with the two thieves), our unknown ex-con assumes the role of Sheriff Lucas Hood...complete with fake identification and everything. That's where the fun begins...

This show is gritty, disturbing, violent, dark and blisteringly raw...it is full of graphic violence and sex (much like True Blood), but what else would you expect on Cinemax? lol...and i absolutely love it. It has quickly become my favorite show on TV, surpassing The Walking Dead (which was tough to do!). It's over until this fall, and i cannot wait to see more.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember you mentioning this before, but I have yet to watch it. Hopefully, I'll be able to check it out this fall when it starts up again....:)

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Banshee looks like a great series. Thanks for the info. I look forward to watching it.
Its amazing that there are so many great TV series now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Banshee looks like a great series. Thanks for the info. I look forward to watching it.
Its amazing that there are so many great TV series now.

I agree and I think they all learned from the success of '24'.

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
24 was definitely a great series. Although I found the last couple of seasons to be getting "old" and somewhat repetitive. But still a fan.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
24 was definitely a great series. Although I found the last couple of seasons to be getting "old" and somewhat repetitive. But still a fan.

I was a huge fan of 24, but I have to agree with you in regard to the last couple of season--specifically, the final season. Everything about it being in New York as well as the new CTU Director was not a good fit for the show, in my opinion, but I watched it anyway...:)

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
(in my best Jack Bauer voice...using my never-needs-charging phone)

"Chloe.....get me a way out of this Banshee thread"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77