You'll have 10 seconds to cancel a sent email with iOS 16

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Apple's upcoming iOS 16 update will include some new improvements to the iPhone's Mail app, with one of the additions being the ability to unsend an email when needed. However, people should note that they'll have just ten seconds to realize their mistake if they need to cancel an outgoing email.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I believe I heard that the sender and the recipient must both be on iOS 16 for this to work. Can anyone confirm this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe I heard that the sender and the recipient must both be on iOS 16 for this to work. Can anyone confirm this?

I don’t know, but I’d like to think that’s not the case. What if I send an email to a client who uses an Android or only sends and receives email from a traditional desktop or laptop computer? This feature would be useless if it only applied to recipients who receives the mail via iPhone. Know what I mean?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know, but I’d like to think that’s not the case. What if I send an email to a client who uses an Android or only sends and receives email from a traditional desktop or laptop computer? This feature would be useless if it only applied to recipients who receives the mail via iPhone. Know what I mean?

I know what you mean. I thought the same thing. I’m going to try to find the YouTube video review of iOS 16.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My mistake. According to Brandon Butch, with iOS 16 we will have the ability to edit or unsend a message using the message app, not an email. Both sender and recipient both have to be on iOS 16 using the message app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77