X battery life

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I bought the lightning to USB C cable. That's all I needed b/c I have a MBP power brick to use it with. The initial charging time is super fast if the battery is low, but it slows down as battery gets charged. For example, if my phone is at 20% when I plug it in it charges super fast in the beginning, but once it gets closer to 100% the charging slows down.

Tell me about it. I charged mine for the first time and it went from 7% to 20 % in about 10 minutes i think. I was like hmmm this aint slow. Then 2 and a half hours later i was in disbelief that it still was not fully charged lol It was on like 98% and took another 20 minutes just to reach 100 lol

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I just saw an article somewhere the other day that compared all the charging options from the basic 5w block, the wireless options, all the way to the fast charge setups and yeah after 2 hours the fast charge setup was just barely more than using a 12w iPad block and lightning cable. Think I'm going to stick with that setup since we already have two of those, and use a 7.5w wireless for when I just want to toss it down and not deal with cables. Fast charge is great if you need to get some charge on a nearly dead phone quick but full charging just doesn't seem worth the $$$.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
I just saw an article somewhere the other day that compared all the charging options from the basic 5w block, the wireless options, all the way to the fast charge setups and yeah after 2 hours the fast charge setup was just barely more than using a 12w iPad block and lightning cable. Think I'm going to stick with that setup since we already have two of those, and use a 7.5w wireless for when I just want to toss it down and not deal with cables. Fast charge is great if you need to get some charge on a nearly dead phone quick but full charging just doesn't seem worth the $$$.

Agree. As the phone fast charges, It slowly gets hotter and hotter so they pretty much slow things down to prevent over heating!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Agree. As the phone fast charges, It slowly gets hotter and hotter so they pretty much slow things down to prevent over heating!

Which I find odd as well because before I got a 6s+ a couple years ago I had the 2014 Moto X with a Motorola Quickcharge 2.0 charger and that could charge the phone from near dead in an hour with no issues and about 50% in 20 minutes or so.

edit: that was a 2300mah battery too so it's not like the battery was small.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
My S8 charged from dead to full in around 1hr 20 mins. My iphone x takes over 3.5 hours lol It sucks apple did not include a fast charger. At least the battery life is pretty decent is all i can say ha

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My S8 charged from dead to full in around 1hr 20 mins. My iphone x takes over 3.5 hours lol It sucks apple did not include a fast charger. At least the battery life is pretty decent is all i can say ha

Yeah but that's what I'm saying. They have a "fast charge" setup with the 29w brick and usb-c to lightning cable but it still takes almost 2 hours for a full charge, though you do get about 50% in 30 minutes. However the 12w iPad charger will do 40% in the same time and I already own that..........

found the article I was talking about.......

https://www.macrumors.com/guide/iphone-x-fast-charging-speeds-compared/

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Oops looks like I was wrong and confused the time with some other posts I was reading here. The timeframe was 60 minutes, but I'd guess they both take similar time for a full charge between the 12w and the fast charge USB-C setup based on being nearly the same after 60 minutes.

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
I generally found myself finishing the day with 20-30% battery life with the standard iPhone 7. I never go below 50% on my X and that’s with all of the same settings. So I’m extremely happy.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
Can anyone explain the difference between battery 'usage' on ios and screen on time on android? I thought they were the same thing but today my iphone x said my usage was almost 3 hours and i only lost like 14/15% so that cant be right lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Can anyone explain the difference between battery 'usage' on ios and screen on time on android? I thought they were the same thing but today my iphone x said my usage was almost 3 hours and i only lost like 14/15% so that cant be right lol

If I'm remembering correctly Usage on iOS includes both active usage and background usage. If the phone is running a task in the background on iOS with the screen off that is included in Usage statistics. I think Standby on iOS is when the phone isn't doing much other than just sitting idle waiting for you to waken it.

That explanation was true a while ago, but I'm unsure if Apple has changed that over the years.

Blaalad12

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
In an earlier post i mentioned the charging speed being awful slow and possibly buying the fast charger. I got my hands on an ipad charger and can safely say i will not be buying the crazy expensive fast charger from apple ha The ipad charger pretty much fast charges the X until it gets to like 90% and then slows right down! It took over 3 hours to fully charge my X from 10% with the included plug whilst today it took 1hour and 50 mins to charge from 10% to 100% using the ipad plug :) Even more impressive is that it went from 10% to 50% in around 30 minutes. Not too bad in my opinion! Doubt the fast charger would be much better

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
On days that I use my X heavily, I will have to charge it by 2-3PM.
When using it lightly, it can last the entire day. It’s not too bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77