WWDC 2017: Where are the updates to iCloud?

maphias

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Great stuff from WWDC...particularly around iOS 11 as it relates to iPads. They've absolutely crushed it the past 2 years with pencil and the iOS 11 features....that has breathed a few years of life into iPad.

Great enhancements to hardware & software...but nothing on their services. Where are the updates to iCloud and iCloud drive? While I'm at the 1TB tier, it's virtually useless to me for anything other than syncing photos. When are they going to provide true sharing & collaboration through iCloud drive? Until then, I'm stuck with personal data split across iCloud and Dropbox.

And more importantly....when are they going to provide SHARED photo album access? I don't give a damn about live photos and photo books. I just want the simple function of sharing my entire photo library of my family with my family. Shared albums just don't cut it....

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
There were a lot of missed opportunities with WWDC this year. Sure, there were some cool things. But overall, I was disappointed. Oh well.

maphias

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Someone at Apple is trolling me because literally later in the day of this post they increased the $9.99 storage tier to 2TB which is great....the best deal going as far as cloud storage is going. But I can't use it for anything but photos, and I'm not a photographer/videographer. Just a guy with kids and a modest 175 GB photo/video library.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77