World War Discussion

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Roon, the big blue dots after the names on the battle screen indicate an ally.

I was in a sanction war myself yesterday. Someone 2 levels above me was multi-sanctioning me for some reason. As soon as I saw the sanction I unloaded the rest of my ammo on him (hit him like 6 times and took some good money). Then I sanctioned him back a few times myself. Not sure how or why he sanctioned me, but he might have been on the sanction list beforehand and I might have killed him a few times this way. I guess he didn't like it.

I don't know why but I have never had a blue dot anywhere. I haven't seen any blue dots...

I'm using an iPod Touch 2nd Generation, running 3.0 firmware. I restored the iPod, nothing changed.

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to click the # on JustCalc to move it up, just highlight it and type it in then just tab to the next one...way faster and not as much of a hassle.

Reactions: Badshah

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Woohoo!

I cannot believe this!!!!! I just tried it, wengleha, and you are right!! This is wonderful news. I wish I had known it weeks ago. Thanks for the info. What else do you know about this amazing tool?

Badshah

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to click the # on JustCalc to move it up, just highlight it and type it in then just tab to the next one...way faster and not as much of a hassle.

Oh wow! You are a life saver wengleha! They should advertise that more, most people probably do not know about that feature. Or am I just totally oblivious? :p

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how I even stumbled upon it because it certainly doesn't look like you can do that...but it's nice when I go from updating my buildings at work to updating them at home etc...especially since I also play iMobsters and Kingdoms Live. Glad to help though!

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
It's starting out to be a good day. Congratulations, Kapiz, on your accomplishments. I am shooting for 1200 allies right now. Your goal is substantially higher, I must admit.

The most exciting thing I've done, is I've joined.... (wait for it...)

The
Farmer's Union!

Thanks to XanderPrime for the invite. Go Farmer's Union!

Go F.U.!

...ahem...
Badshah

Xanderprime

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It was Blownapart that invited you as he is the actual creator of the social group. What's funny is I was thinking of creating the exact same sort of group just never got around to it.

Glad to see you on board Bad! I hope FU catches on with more people.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Ah! Right, I actually remember now. I also read some postings by you, XP, that made me think you were the instigater. Anyhow, it's going to be a good group. I hope we can work together and get things accomplished as the need arises.

Bad

kevstev

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I have been playing awhile, level 21 right now, recently maxed out allies, and trying to max out D- should be there by the end of the day. One thing I have to say is, if that I had to do it all over again I would only add the minimum number of allies to do the missions I wanted to do- more allies = more units and defense required = expensive. I was following that for awhile, got kind of bored though. I guess it is a bit more exciting to be at the "top" of your level though.

Please add me!
7MHDWP

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
It's starting out to be a good day. Congratulations, Kapiz, on your accomplishments. I am shooting for 1200 allies right now. Your goal is substantially higher, I must admit.

The most exciting thing I've done, is I've joined.... (wait for it...)

The
Farmer's Union!

Thanks to XanderPrime for the invite. Go Farmer's Union!

Go F.U.!

...ahem...
Badshah

What exactly does the Farmer's Union do? Do they attack farmers or are they farmers?

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Farmers Union

I can't put this in as eloquent terms as BlownApart can, the founder of F.U.
To paraphrase, we recognize that the principle of farming, i.e. going back to the well as often as permissible, is a valid approach to game-play. We are against those who team up on Farmers using sanctions or by any other means. And when I say Against, I do not mean in the sense of being whiney or posting about it ad nauseum. We intend to take matters into our own hands and protect our interests by whatever means necessary.

If this sounds like War! to you, you are correct. We aim to counter the likes of PoppyBlue and her ilk. As long as the game mechanics permit us to attack an opponent and avail ourselves of his or her possessions, we will exercise that option. And those who stand in our way will face a day of reckoning. Unless Storm8 decides to 'balance' the game in some way, maybe by coding a limit to how many strikes per hour or some other nonsense. (I mean, it's their game; I suppose they can if they want to...)

I think it's plainly pathetic people would rather come on these boards and whine about bullies instead of taking a proactive stand to protect themselves. I never got better by people playing 'fair' with me. All balancing is, is an attempt to make everything 'fair' for everyone. Usually no one wins in this scenario. I have made things fair for myself by taking time to build my income, strengthen my defenses and deploy my troops.

Anyone else can do the same. Just Calculate It can be your best friend. Get to know it.

Ok, I'm getting off the soapbox now. I have a cup of coffee before me that seriously wants drinking, and I must spend 245.000.000 on new defense structures.

Badshah

Last edited:

aredd0329

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
For the sake of reviving this thread I will state my current position:

At this moment I posses 350 Heavy Equipment Transporters, the units with the most defense for the lowest price and upkeep.

My gross income is about 6.8 Million, and my net income is around 5.6 Million. I am keeping only defensive units right now because I wish to increase my income purchasing 350 B-1 Lancers, the units with the most attack at the lowest price. My plan is to keep my upkeep 33% (or 1/3) of my income.

I have calculated that I must be making 9.98 or 10 Million gross to satisfy this ratio. I am a bit worried though because I fear that I am leveling a little too fast, causing me to need more units which results in more upkeep. I suppose this is because of my severe addiction to sanction killing, I haven't been killing for very long and as of now I have 101 kills.

Another aspect of the game I am working on is in the area of defensive buildings. I have calculated that my units with my defensive buildings put up a total of 16,325 defense points, whereas the total attack points possible at my level is 17,250. This means that I am only 925 points away from complete defense from any enemy at my level. This is equivalent to about 18 B-1 Lancers, or Stealth Jets (give or take a few to take into account the "random" factor).

Once I patch up the holes in my defense, I will continue with my income building to reach my goal of 10 Million (3.15 Million away). I hope to do this before I reach level 24. It seems like just yesterday I reached level 23 (now that I think of it, it might have actually been yesterday). I am exactly 50 XP away from leveling up so I need to be careful not to sanction kill or engage in battle. Though it is quite hard to stop people from attacking you and losing.

I hope this thread stays alive,

Roonster
Alliance Code: KV85XT

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Catching Up

I was out of town for the weekend and since I don't like to read the forums on my iPhone, I didn't post anything either. Thanks to Roonster for keeping the thread alive. It has been an interesting time though, gamewise.

I've been farming this one person for... oh, a few weeks... and it was interesting to observe his reactions to it. First, it drove him nuts that I would never respond on his profile. I don't do that. If anyone writes to me on my profile, I will respond there, on my profile. I am not in the habit of posting on anyone's profile, unless I absolutely trust them, and then not often.

This guy thought it would help his case if he spammed my profile with gibberish and obscenity. It didn't. At my leisure, I would simply delete all the spam- no biggie. He also sanctioned me a little bit. Once again, no biggie.

He thought it would help if he called upon his friends to join my alliance and launch coordinated attacks. This was an interesting approach, in so far as his friends were all level teens and twenties. He is at my level, just so you know. It was amusing to see the list of my Victories over these little guys. I felt kind of sorry for them; them were like minnows, nibbling on me.

Sometimes he would leave hysterical posts on my Profile, which seemed to indicate he was borderline insane. "OMFG! What is WRONG with YOU?" and the like. I would ease off for a day or two to let him settle down a bit, then back at it!

And then one day, it happened.

On Saturday last, in the wee hours of the morning, I attacked. I received the usual 3 million or so. I attacked again, and received more of the same. On my 3rd attack, I lost. Hmmm... it must be some sort of mistake. So I attacked, and lost again. Apparently he was awake and waiting, because immediately afterward, he attacked ME! Whoever would have seen this coming? He lost.

I went back to sleep with a little smile on my face. My theory is correct, and he is my proof. Due to my steady but gentle pressure, he has built up his defenses to the point where, if I want to continue farming him, I would have to build up my attack units. I have decided to give it a rest. I am proud of him for taking the correct action to protect himself, and do not have a vendetta against him per se.

I posted a congratulatory note on my profile. I hope he reads it someday. He will probably hate me for a long time, and I will surely miss the income, but in the long run, it goes to show that you only improve when there is a pressing need to do so. I hope he understands the lesson.

Peace!
Badshah
Q6DQCD

P.S. I only wish he would figure out what the Vault is for...

Last edited:

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I just hit $27 mil an hour in income...sitting at level 35 I believe. I do missions and attack people as much as possible to try to level up faster...still sitting at 3 allies so I rarely lose when attacking people. Usually I wake up to find I was attacked by 10 people, all victories for me! Going to keep building my income and continue buying defensive structures...not sure when I will add all my allies.

gpia7r

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Why not get more allies?

I'm pretty new to the game, so I'm not sure if I understand fully what allies do.

I just hit level 12, I've got almost 2 mil. Win/Loss ratio isn't all that great, but getting better I think.

First - Why get allies? How do they benefit you?
Second - Why not get allies? How do they cause detriment?
Third - What's a decent strategy? I just do missions, get money, vault it, and get a few battles out. Should I be doing something more?
Lastly - What's the benefit of doing sanctions? I've gotten a number of kills... but do they do anything different than just battles?

5E788N

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Why not get more allies?

I'm pretty new to the game, so I'm not sure if I understand fully what allies do.

I just hit level 12, I've got almost 2 mil. Win/Loss ratio isn't all that great, but getting better I think.

First - Why get allies? How do they benefit you?
Second - Why not get allies? How do they cause detriment?
Third - What's a decent strategy? I just do missions, get money, vault it, and get a few battles out. Should I be doing something more?
Lastly - What's the benefit of doing sanctions? I've gotten a number of kills... but do they do anything different than just battles?

5E788N

If you only have 3 allies (making your total group 4 with yourself), when you go to battle you only see people on the attack list with allies of 1-4. Thus, you can usually kill anyone thats on the list without much trouble as well as you don't have nearly any upkeep. I only have 12 of the best offensive units and 12 of the best defensive (3 per ally)...the only downside is if you get attacked by someone with 100+ allies, you will usually lose even if they are under your level because their are simply more of them.

gpia7r

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Good to know.

In other news, I keep seeing these 4.25 million reward sanctions on really low level people... so I'm just picking those off and building up some major money.

Why would they put so much on such a low level? Heck, some are a few levels higher than me and I'm killing them.

Are they trying to transfer money to another account? XD

Mike Hunt

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
So, there I was. Sitting at 4 allies, building up my income and defense, minding my own business. Suddenly I start getting farmed by a guy a few levels above me but with a max number of allies and a decent amount of defense and income buildings. Turns out, he cruises people's comment sections and picks out weaker players and starts farming them. Now this guy has died over 200 times from being sanctioned and has plenty of comments from pissed off victims (which he deletes, except for 1 from each person so he can come back and hit you again in case you're different level)

I've had to up my number of allies in the past few days and invest in more defensive units and buildings to try and discourage this douchebag from farming me. The messed up thing is that he farms in the middle of the night, like 3-4 am. So what do you think I should do? Should I drop my alliance back to 4 and just try and live with the losses this guy will certainly put on me, or do I keep building up my defense at the expense of my income to try and fight him off?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77