Woman finds AirTag stuck to her car amid ongoing privacy concerns

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is definitely scary. Thank goodness Apple's software did its job. And while concerns about privacy concerns are valid, I stand by the value of the AirTag. Just because there are criminals out there, doesn't mean we can't have nice things... as long as we're mindful, and companies like Apple have software that alerts people to when they're being tracked!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope she’s being forthright and not using a previous story to her advantage to garner assistance via her gofundme link to help her with her Miss America bid.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I wonder why her friend "threw it away". I would have called the police immediately, and perhaps they could have helped figure out who the stalker was.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It all sounds a bit doubtful, but the ramifications of these devices is potentially much darker than this. If you’re interested try Rob Braxman’s output on youtube !

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Very overblown scare story. There are much much better tracking devices you can attach to a car. Ones with real time GPS data, ones that the owner would never know is there. An AirTag (Tile or similar) only ping every so often, have mechanisms to alert people in the car, rely on connected smartphones.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2