Will the other person on my shared Apple ID get a notification when I log out out?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Why would you share an Apple ID? Doing so can cause all sorts of issues. I recommend each of you have your own Apple ID.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Are you using the same device as your father? Then he'll notice because the device won't be connected to Apple's services, when he picks it up.
Do you have your own phone or iPad or Mac? Then you could create your own Apple ID and nobody else will see if you are logged in or not (I just don't really understand why you would want to 'log out' in the first place)
If you do have your own phone but your father wants you to use the same Apple ID, he won't notice if you log out, but will have access to everything else that you do, emails, messages, notes etc.
I don't want to undermine your father's education methods though. But for me, this sounds more like a lack of understanding of how the Apple ecosystem works, than an education method.

redmoonlitsky

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I have my own iPad yeah. The reason I want to log out is because I want to be able to use my own phone number, and use iMessage with my own contacts, FaceTime with my own contacts, etc. And, I’m thinking he wouldn’t get notified when I purchase anything, right? Because he does now. I just dont want to get in trouble for this.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Talk to your dad about what you want to do. That way you won't "get in trouble". If you are responsible enough to feel like you want to have your own Apple ID, then you need to be responsible enough to have the (perhaps) difficult conversation with your dad first.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Talk to your dad about what you want to do. That way you won't "get in trouble". If you are responsible enough to feel like you want to have your own Apple ID, then you need to be responsible enough to have the (perhaps) difficult conversation with your dad first.

I agree. It might not be what you wanted to hear but by doing so you are acting responsible. That can’t hurt in the long run.

redmoonlitsky

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Okay, I’m going to do my best to converse to him about this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2