Will the next MacBook Air have a retina display?

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt it. With the release of the 12" Macbook, Apple put itself in a bit of a predicament. We are now well aware they could fit the retina display in a small form factor, but they decided to do so on a regular Macbook rather than an Air. Releasing an Air with the retina display while still having the 12" around would not make much sense and would put people into a confusing situation.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt it. With the release of the 12" Macbook, Apple put itself in a bit of a predicament. We are now well aware they could fit the retina display in a small form factor, but they decided to do so on a regular Macbook rather than an Air. Releasing an Air with the retina display while still having the 12" around would not make much sense and would put people into a confusing situation.

Yeah, I'd never choose the rMB over a rMBA. The difference in size and weight isn't that great, but the difference in processing power is massive.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I would hope that the Air line would continue with at least the 11'' computer as this form factor is extremely popular for traveling professionals and others who like a small computer. Not to mention it is the cheapest Macbook on the market currently. I would think retina would eventually make its way to this computer.

With the new retina Macbook sitting squarely in the middle of both Airs though, IDK. To me it doesn't have much point and is just an expensive toy but then I thought the same thing about the Air when it first launched as well.

If the rMB does well and Apple's engineers continue to tune it, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it eventually replaced the Air line entirely and we never got retina models of the Air. I just hope Apple keeps a Macbook that is under $900 on the market because that is a great price for a Mac.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2