Will "c" series be every other year?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I personally think their main reason for making the 5C was because they didn't want to put anymore money into making anymore 5's when the 5S has such a high demand. They already knew the 5S would take more time and effort, plus making the C was cheaper and quicker (easier to sell because of subsidized price point). For some reason, I'm only seeing a secondary iPhone every other year as well. I can see this being the solution for them on down the line.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I personally think their main reason for making the 5C was because they didn't want to put anymore money into making anymore 5's when the 5S has such a high demand. They already knew the 5S would take more time and effort, plus making the C was cheaper and quicker (easier to sell because of subsidized price point). For some reason, I'm only seeing a secondary iPhone every other year as well. I can see this being the solution for them on down the line.
My question is why would Apple not continue the 5c idea when the next iPhone is released? It's cheaper for apple to produce a polycarbonate back plate than metal. It would be dead simple to wrap the 5s in the 5c shell and sell it along with the next model. Honestly right now if I could have the 5s with the 5c shell I would be happy as heck just because I find it easier to maintain plastic than metal over the course of a contract( iPhone 5 and HTC one did steered me away from metal).

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I think the 5C was a way to distinguish the 5S from the 5. So, I'm voting for alternating years, with the S model sticking around for two years. The 6S lineup would look like this year's lineup if that happens, which is okay by me. We'll see what happens when the iPhone 6 comes around.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the colors are going anywhere, wonder if the next C will be a 5s with a colored shell? ... Hmmm the possibilities ;-)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say what Apple is going to do. But I would imagine they might keep the gold 5s for another run based on how popular it is. It's going to be interesting when it all goes down.

#Naked Tuesday

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77