Why is the jet black iPhone 7 only available in larger capacities?

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: jet black

Probably because it's significantly more expensive to do and on the larger storage options the margins are greater so they "can" "afford" the additional cost…

han4mi

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site

I think that since Jet Black is so flashy and a lot of people like it they forced people to pay a bit more :). It would cause rage if it was more expensive and was exactly the same on hardware level, so they played it smart.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Absolutely comes down to cost for Apple. The JB takes significant time to produce over the other colours. It does not make sense to add low storage in a device that is in extremely high demand. And the profit margins a definitely more at the higher storage levels. I can only assume that there are additional cost to produce the JB which Apple would like to recover. Remember they answer to the shareholders.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

why apple launched only 128gb and 256gb in jet black alone ??

I think this is for 2 reasons.

1) They want to promote the new colours as 'Exclusive' by making them more expensive, thus eliminating certainly people and giving it those who are willing to pay the extra.

2) i think the JET Black colour is a little more expensive to make. So instead of charging more for the device, they rather cut the profit on the storage.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I think this is for 2 reasons.

1) They want to promote the new colours as 'Exclusive' by making them more expensive, thus eliminating certainly people and giving it those who are willing to pay the extra.

2) i think the JET Black colour is a little more expensive to make. So instead of charging more for the device, they rather cut the profit on the storage.

I agree with both of these points. Well said!

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

OK I read somewhere that Apple might release Jet White for those capacities so, the other reasons and for no real real reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77