Why is OneDrive backing up the photos from my photo stream?

rpac78

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I just set up OneDrive to back up the photos from my iPhone and noticed that it had uploaded all the photos from the shared photo stream: photos from my phone, my wife's phone, and our iPad.

I guess what I'm wondering as well is if those photos from "my photo stream" are actually on my phone and is that why OneDrive is backing them up? I'm not too annoyed with it because it actually solves the problem of me having to back up photos from the other devices.

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Initiate the OneDrive app, and then select "Settings" at the bottom right corner of the screen. Under the "Options" heading, you should see "Camera Backup". If it is set to "On", it will, as indicated, "....upload photos...". If you select "Photos" at the bottom of the screen, you should see "Camera Backup" at the very top with the words "Automatically upload photos" and an option to turn on or off.

rpac78

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response but I was more wondering about why OneDrive was downloading photos from "My Photo Stream" instead of just photos from my camera roll. So photos from my iPhone, my wife's, and my iPad were getting uploaded to OneDrive.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response but I was more wondering about why OneDrive was downloading photos from "My Photo Stream" instead of just photos from my camera roll. So photos from my iPhone, my wife's, and my iPad were getting uploaded to OneDrive.

I don't know why that's happening to you. I have Photostream enabled on my iPhone 6 Plus and on my Apple TV, but any photos I take that appears in my photo stream does not get uploaded to OneDrive. Having said that, I recommend that you try disabling any photo upload setting in the OneDrive app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber