Why is my iPhone saying latest update is iOS 11?

I

iMore Question

I'm usually a bit slow at doing software updates on my iPhone so currently it's on iOS 10.3.3. Last week I noticed it had downloaded iOS 11.0.3 and expected that to be replaced soon with 11.1.1 but today I checked under software update and it was telling me the only available update to be installed was iOS 11. I deleted the update and checked again but it's still saying the only available one I can download is iOS 11. Why would it have gone backwards and overwritten the later update with an earlier one? My iPad (also on 10.3.3) seems to have done the same thing, strangely.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know. It’s possible that there could be issues on Apple’s end. Give it until Monday and then try again. If it doesn’t update to the latest iOS version, contact Apple Support or make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store for troubleshooting.

DeanRoyal

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
My understanding is that it is just a catch all notification and that it will install the latest version available. Yes, it's not very handy when you're waiting for a specific version to install. According to my source, you're probably better off waiting until you're forced to upgrade, considering all the problems apple is having with iOS 11.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss999