• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Why is my iPhone 6 mic not working in viber, skype and whatsapp but working while receiving calls?

I

iMore Question

Why is my iphone 6 mic not working in viber, skype and whatsapp but working while receiving calls?

The mic is not working for whatsapp calls, viber calls and skype calls, even though all the options for microphone in "General"- "Privacy"- "Microphone" is switched on. Noise cancellation option is also switched on, I reinstalled all these apps, but the problem still exists.
Can someone please help me out in here.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is my iphone 6 mic not working in viber, skype and whatsapp but working while receiving call

Welcome to iMore!
Many apps need permission to access the microphone. This is usually requested when launching the app the first time.

What do you see at Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone ?

gurdarsh

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why is my iphone 6 mic not working in viber, skype and whatsapp but working while receiving call

Soft reset your phone and check that mic shold not have anything stuck in it,if problem retain go to setting and at botton go to app nmed there then check microphone is on ,if Already showing on then of it and then again on .

mikeyiskillingit

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

It is switched on. And still nothing. I switched it off and switched on again. But the problem still exists.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It is switched on. And still nothing. I switched it off and switched on again. But the problem still exists.

Sorry, missed that on your first post (that's what I get for reading on my phone). Not sure what else to tell you, seems you've done all the usual stuff.... except maybe a reboot? Hold the power button and home button at the same time for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman