Why do Reminder Notifications on iPad just say "New Reminder" instead of "Pay Bills" like on iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Why do Reminder Notifications on iPad just say "New Reminder" instead of "Pay Bills" like on iPhone?

I create iCloud reminders (for example "WALK DOG", "PAY BILLS"). Then I receive the reminder notifications on my iPhone saying, "WALK DOG" and "PAY BILLS" as you would expect them to. But, the reminder notifications that I receive on my iPad ALL say, "New Reminder". All that reminds me to do is check the Reminder app to try to find out what I needed to be reminded of. So, it defeats the whole purpose of the reminder.

I downloaded and installed the iPad Software Update, but that didn't resolve the issue.

I turned iCloud Reminders OFF, rebooted iPad, and then turned iCloud Reminders back ON. That didn't resolve the issue either.

- Device: iPad Air 2
- OS or Firmware: iOS 11.1.2 (15B202)
- App: Reminders (Notifications)
- Not getting any error messages.

I'm all out of ideas about how to resolve this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jason

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why do Reminder Notifications on iPad just say "New Reminder" instead of "Pay Bills" like on iPh

Convert to Todoist :p

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do Reminder Notifications on iPad just say "New Reminder" instead of "Pay Bills" like on iPh

Try settings/notifications/ Reminders/Show Preview/Always

Jason_S

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site

Thanks, iwoodland. That did it! On my iPad is was set to "Never" instead of "Always". I appreciate your help. That was driving me crazy.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, iwoodland. That did it! On my iPad is was set to "Never" instead of "Always". I appreciate your help. That was driving me crazy.

Well done!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson