Who kept and who returned their iPhone 12

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used Unc0ver to jailbreak. I’m also still on the iOS version the 12 series shipped on 14.1. I’m missing out on all the features Apple has released after 14.1, but I love my jailbreak, and I am not having the battery issues most people are having now.

Most people are having battery issues? I don't see that. The battery on my 12 Pro Max is doing great. It's been 8 months, and it's still at 100% battery health. And I'm a heavy user.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
Yes on Macrumors. There are several threads of people having battery issues. Many of them have launch day devices with their battery capacity under 90%. They have tried so many different options, and all Apple support is telling them their batteries are fine and they can’t do anything about it until the capacity reaches 80%

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes on Macrumors. There are several threads of people having battery issues. Many of them have launch day devices with their battery capacity under 90%. They have tried so many different options, and all Apple support is telling them their batteries are fine and they can’t do anything about it until the capacity reaches 80%

I think I read the thread you refer to. There's always a few who complain about battery, with each new OS. But the vast majority of users don't have those issues. One thing that can cause battery drain on a new OS, is apps that misbehave, using more resources. I've seen maybe one or two on iMore say they have battery issues on iOS 14.6.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think I read the thread you refer to. There's always a few who complain about battery, with each new OS. But the vast majority of users don't have those issues. One thing that can cause battery drain on a new OS, is apps that misbehave, using more resources. I've seen maybe one or two on iMore say they have battery issues on iOS 14.6.

There is a lot of talk elsewhere about battery loss on 14.6 also so I assume it was real but I think you are correct, it can be a certain app that either doesn’t play nice with a new update or is just a plain battery hog. Otherwise it would happen to everyone. I never experienced it myself.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
have been using my iPhone 12 max for the past couple months now and I can say I will be keeping this phone. does everything that I want in a phone plus a bit more that I didnt even know of. not planning to upgrade or switch my phone anytime soon

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m still pleased with my iPhone 12 Pro and I’m not in a rush to get rid of it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiprasad