Who’s ordering the new 2020 iPad Pro?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again, a few things there got me interested, i do find the 11" when holding it FID is a bit annoying, fine on a desk, wont bother the Mrs she doesn't even use TID on her Gen 5.
Didn't know about the bezels. I did think the speakers were great on my 11" so another bonus. I do a lot of media and news reading not so much books have a kindle for that. The 11" doesn't do full apps in split screen as i have read so will use that more often.
I mainly use mine at home as i work from home, or on the odd buss trip in the car, so not someone who lugs it around all day.

So ordered a 12.9" 256GB SG Cellular from my Telco and ordered the smart folio black from Apple, i like it on my 11" nice and light and feels good to hold.

Ordered from my Telco so once i open it there is no return here unless faulty, i have had a look in store but can't tell with them locked down.

Wish me luck lol.

That was fast

Best of luck with your new iPad.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Since the 2020 version is such a minor upgrade, I’ll be keeping my 2018 Pros. I have both the 11” and the 13”, both 512GB. Not interested in the $300 keyboard. I already have a laptop.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a 10.5 that I picked up new last year. Had the apple keyboard and a pencil, both of which I picked up on eBay for half price. Decided if I could sell all 3 in a bundle, I’d use that money with my stimulus and go all in on a 2020 12.9, with the magic keyboard.

Listed them Monday morning to see how it went and it sold within an hour. Needless to say my new iPad arrived today. My business software is all cloud based so this is a no-brainer for me, over my laptop. I can’t use just any WiFi because of what I do so this will be my travel computer. I’m a happy camper!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
That was fast

Best of luck with your new iPad.

Ended up on backorder so decide to cancel, sticking with my 11" for now.

Decided to get a 2020 Macbook Air 256GB, works out 1/2 the price of the 12.9" iPad 256Gb with the magic keyboard over 3 years with my Telco. I have a 27" iMac in my home/office so will this suit me better with my 11" iPad.
Got the MacBook 2.8 years interest free too with $50 off lol.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ended up on backorder so decide to cancel, sticking with my 11" for now.

Decided to get a 2020 Macbook Air 256GB, works out 1/2 the price of the 12.9" iPad 256Gb with the magic keyboard over 3 years with my Telco. I have a 27" iMac in my home/office so will this suit me better with my 11" iPad.
Got the MacBook 2.8 years interest free too with $50 off lol.

At very least you seem confident with your decision.

Enjoy your new MacBook.

JNM

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The iPad Pro 12.9 with the Magic Keyboard has made me want another MacBook Pro more than I expected. Not that there is much of anything negative to say about this iPad Pro, in fact it has effectively replaced my Surface Pro LTE and blows my old 2011 MBP out of the water, but I’m enticed by that 16” display and the comparatively huge trackpad.

But...and its a colossal J Lo but(t), Apple needs to offer and LTE capable MacBook Pro. That’s why I replaced my last MBP with a Surface LTE and the reason I have the 12.9 iPad Pro on Verizon. I need to be able to use whatever computer anywhere without asking for permission to use anyone’s WiFi like a putz.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The iPad Pro 12.9 with the Magic Keyboard has made me want another MacBook Pro more than I expected. Not that there is much of anything negative to say about this iPad Pro, in fact it has effectively replaced my Surface Pro LTE and blows my old 2011 MBP out of the water, but I’m enticed by that 16” display and the comparatively huge trackpad.

But...and its a colossal J Lo but(t), Apple needs to offer and LTE capable MacBook Pro. That’s why I replaced my last MBP with a Surface LTE and the reason I have the 12.9 iPad Pro on Verizon. I need to be able to use whatever computer anywhere without asking for permission to use anyone’s WiFi like a putz.

I have the 2018 12.9” Cellular iPad Pro with a Logitech Smart Keyboard Case and it blew my 2015 MacBook Air out of the water. I ended up upgrading to the 2019 MacBook Air after getting a good deal at Best Buy. They really need to start offering LTE on Airs and Pros but Hotspotting off iPad or iPhone will do for now. I have my iPhone, iPad and watch on my cellular plan and if I add one more device my plan becomes obsolete since I’m grandfathered in. I guess I should be glad they don’t offer it yet because I know I would get one and then have to upgrade my cellular plan which would cost me more per month which isn’t ideal

JNM

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The 12.9 iPad Pro is definitely the way to go. With the Magic Keyboard it makes it perfect as my main device.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The 12.9 iPad Pro is definitely the way to go. With the Magic Keyboard it makes it perfect as my main device.

Is the IPad Pro replacing your desktop or laptop? Trying to determine if I can use an iPad Pro as a main device. Use my desktop for email, web, photos, some office/pages type work. A couple other programs here and there but mostly lighter use. Very torn between some version of the MacBook and iPad Pro right now.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the IPad Pro replacing your desktop or laptop? Trying to determine if I can use an iPad Pro as a main device. Use my desktop for email, web, photos, some office/pages type work. A couple other programs here and there but mostly lighter use. Very torn between some version of the MacBook and iPad Pro right now.

It has 100% replaced my MacBook Air. I’m in real estate and can’t use public WiFi, which pretty much made my Mac “home use” only. I bought the cellular version and haven’t found anything I can’t do that I did on my Mac. My 10.5 iPad pro with Smart Keyboard never felt right because I had to reach up to the screen all the time. The magic keyboard is completely in sync with everything I need for work. I honestly hate that I love  so much.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
It has 100% replaced my MacBook Air. I’m in real estate and can’t use public WiFi, which pretty much made my Mac “home use” only. I bought the cellular version and haven’t found anything I can’t do that I did on my Mac. My 10.5 iPad pro with Smart Keyboard never felt right because I had to reach up to the screen all the time. The magic keyboard is completely in sync with everything I need for work. I honestly hate that I love  so much.

That’s great to hear! Glad you are loving your set up! Did you get the 11” or 12.9”?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
That’s great to hear! Glad you are loving your set up! Did you get the 11” or 12.9”?

I got the 12.9 and for a hot minute thought I should have gotten the 11, for portability. Then I saw a comment that said “get the bigger size if it’s a computer that you sometimes use as a tablet and the smaller size if it’s a tablet that you sometimes use as a computer”. I rarely ever grab it as a tablet because I have the larger phone. I also don’t notice eye strain as much with the larger size. Hope that helps!

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar issue with my job. The workaround I did was enabling hotspot on iPhone and connecting my MacBook to it. Unfortunately/fortunately I figured this out after getting the 2018 12.9” iPad Pro cellular lol. Love my iPad too much to give it up and I leave my MacBook at home more often than not

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my job. The workaround I did was enabling hotspot on iPhone and connecting my MacBook to it. Unfortunately/fortunately I figured this out after getting the 2018 12.9” iPad Pro cellular lol. Love my iPad too much to give it up and I leave my MacBook at home more often than not

I thought about switching plans to be able to do that but, in the end, I’d rather have the new toy!