Which Pro storage should I go with?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Currently using a 4th gen iPad Air with 256GB of storage that's about half full. Going to upgrade to a Pro as I want FaceID and a bit more power to do photo editing of my iCloud stored photos (raw and jpg) on a portable device using the mobile versions of Lightroom and Photoshop. I've been debating between the 512GB or 1TB model with just the standard screen. Not so much for the storage since I don't think I'd need it unless I started doing some serious video editing, but because it apparently has an extra performance core in the CPU and 16 vs 8GB of RAM. I've been thinking though that the 512GB and the CPU/RAM it comes with should be more than enough? Just wanted to bounce my thoughts off someone else before I push the "buy" button.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would expect 3-4 years like the current 4th gen iPad Air I'm using

If your reply was between 1-2 years I would recommend the 512gb. For 4 years I recommend the 1tb.

4 years is a long time your usage case might very well change video editing and future iPadOS updates, the extra ram and soc cores certainly would help and offer enough headroom moving forward with on device Apple intelligence. It’s worth bearing in mind iPad pros don’t hold their resale value as well as iPhone pros 2-3 years after the devices release.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
If your reply was between 1-2 years I would recommend the 512gb. For 4 years I recommend the 1tb.

4 years is a long time your usage case might very well change video editing and future iPadOS updates, the extra ram and soc cores certainly would help and offer enough headroom moving forward with on device Apple intelligence. It’s worth bearing in mind iPad pros don’t hold their resale value as well as iPhone pros 2-3 years after the devices release.
Thanks for the advice :) Yeah not too worried about resale. I tend to either trade in and take what I can get, or hand the device down to an extended family member who will make good use of it as is going to be the case with my iPad Air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
basilpatel