Which iPhone x color should I get?!?!

Jordan 16

Banned
Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I am going to be getting an iPhone X and I don't know which color to get. I want the space grey but I know that it might flake down the road, and the silver will scratch easily. I am going to use a case but I really that that can scratch too. Has anyone with a space grey X had any flaking of the coating? Please let me know if you have and which color is better, and maybe what case would be best to protect. Thanks!!!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
These threads are never ending. Get whatever color you like best. You have to use it. Not us. No offense but we can't tell you which color is "better".

But I can say that I have the Space Grey model and flaking isn't an issue. I've had it since release and it looks just as good as it did on day one aside from one scratch on the front of the screen. (Sore subject...I shed many tears over it)

I wouldn't get any other color, personally. I love the look of the Space Grey. But that's just my opinion. I'm sure there are others on this forum who wouldn't touch the Space Grey model.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t seen any reports of flaking. As far as which color to get, buy whichever you like best. If you’re going to be using a case it doesn’t really matter all that much unless it’s a clear case or a bumper.
We have lots of active threads regarding iPhone X cases. Take a look around the forum; I’m sure you’ll find something.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Question for you is, will you be using a case or without a case? If you are going to put a case over it, then it doesn't matter what color you go with as you are going to hide it.

However, with the Silver model, you can easily remove the scratches on the stainless steel using the cape cod wipes. However with the PVD coating on the Space Gray Models, once it scratches you will have to deal with them and you can't use cape cod as that will destroy the coatings.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
6 of one, half dozen of the other. They all work the same and if you are going to case it then it is a moot point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151