Which iPhone to buy

chris2707

May 22, 2020
Visit site
Right my partner is coming from android and wants an iPhone now (I’ve currently got the 11 and she’s been converted) now I’ve found an XS and an XR in similar condition with a £75 price difference between the 2 and I was wondering if the XS is worth the price difference over the XR

she’s not really got the money to go for the 11 but I was just looking for advice

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Right my partner is coming from android and wants an iPhone now (I’ve currently got the 11 and she’s been converted) now I’ve found an XS and an XR in similar condition with a £75 price difference between the 2 and I was wondering if the XS is worth the price difference over the XR

she’s not really got the money to go for the 11 but I was just looking for advice

If it were me, I wouldn’t hesitate to get her the iPhone X🅁. If she’s been converted as you’ve stated, it’s probably because of iOS more than the hardware, in my opinion. Everyone that I’ve recommended the iPhone X🅁 to have thanked me numerous times and have thoroughly enjoyed using it.

chris2707

May 22, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, to be honest I was leaning towards the XR but I found a deal on the XS for a refurbished one in A grade with 12 months warranty for £429 so for the extra 30-40 over the XR thought it might be the better phone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, to be honest I was leaning towards the XR but I found a deal on the XS for a refurbished one in A grade with 12 months warranty for £429 so for the extra 30-40 over the XR thought it might be the better phone

Hardware-wise, the iPhone X🅂 is the better phone.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I would get the xs over the xr, especially if they were similarly priced.

You get an oled display, extra telephoto camera, ip68 water resistance, 4x4 Mimo, faster modem, Dolby vision, and is smaller, thinner, and lighter than the XR.

Best of luck.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

You get an oled display, extra telephoto camera, ip68 water resistance, 4x4 Mimo, faster modem, Dolby vision, and is smaller, thinner, and lighter than the XR.

Best of luck.

Both are awesome options but I completely agree with this!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Best of luck.

But, a better battery in the XR