Which Apple Watch series 4 will you be purchasing?

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
44mm Space Gray GPS. After going from 38 to 42mm I wasn’t about to downsize again.

The 42mm looks a lot better on my small wrist than I initially thought, so I figured 44mm wouldn’t be much of a difference.

One thing to consider if you’re on the fence is that thanks to the thinner bezels, the 40mm has more display area than the 42mm!

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously debating SS or aluminum and can't decide. Well, I know I want SS/sapphire for the look & feel, but my wife is not feeling the price increase of $300 over aluminum. Yes I know it's technically only like $200 with equal features (LTE) but I wasn't planning on actually activating the LTE part and just wanted the materials. Sounds like I'm going to probably be doing either silver or SG aluminum instead with Apple Care and hope I don't scratch it up cause I'm NOT using protectors or cases on a watch.

I have the series 2 so maybe things have changed but I started with the stainless steel and switched to the aluminum. Definite weight difference on the wrist and with the stainless steel I hated the micro scratches that were too often and too obvious for me.

I hope this helps.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Waiting closer to Xmas and get one for myself and my wife. Sell our Series 3. She is on the fence, but as we age I like the ECG, and the "I've fallen" emergency. That aside I like the larger face / edge-2-edge and the complication options that along with that.

I think I will go with basically what I have now, but instead of 42mm it's now 44mm.

Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Nike Sport Loop

But will get it at BestBuy w/o Tax ... not in a rush, plus I have the new iPhone Xs Max coming on Friday 9/21 - Space Gray 256GB.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Waiting closer to Xmas and get one for myself and my wife. Sell our Series 3. She is on the fence, but as we age I like the ECG, and the "I've fallen" emergency. That aside I like the larger face / edge-2-edge and the complication options that along with that.

I think I will go with basically what I have now, but instead of 42mm it's now 44mm.

Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), 44mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Nike Sport Loop

But will get it at BestBuy w/o Tax ... not in a rush, plus I have the new iPhone Xs Max coming on Friday 9/21 - Space Gray 256GB.

I seriously thought about waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to pick up the Series 4, especially since I can see some of the carriers running deals on them.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I seriously thought about waiting for Black Friday/Cyber Monday to pick up the Series 4, especially since I can see some of the carriers running deals on them.

Yeah, I get it.. just got my wife an iPhone 8 Red, and last year we got two Series 3 Watches. I just got the Xs Max 256 coming in, and two months ago I just got a new 2018 car..

So who knows.

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a space black 44mm and a gold 40mm last night. Does anyone know who Apple uses for deliveries in Canada and whereabouts products come from?

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the space gray 44 mm with the sport loop band. Stayed with the aluminum - just can’t justify the price difference since this not a watch you keep forever. I know I’ll want the new one in a year or two....probably. Also ordered the gold Xs 256 phone, so I’m spent out. Lol But I’m really excited about the new features in the watch. Especially the ECG capability.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I just ordered my first Apple products. I order a silver series 4 watch for me and gold for the wife, 40mm for both. I can't wait for the XR to go on sale. I'm excited and nervous about making the move to iOS after 8 years of Android fan-ism. I really wish I wouldn't have let my spec obsession make me dismissive of iPhones for years.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
When it came down to it, I opted for the 44mm Hermes SS Ebene Barenia Single Tour with Deployment Buckle, and I can use my space black Milanese band from my outing 42mm AW S3. Disappointed its delayed until 9-28 maybe I will get lucky and I can find one in store and can cancel the online order.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I’ve had a 42mm Apple Watch 2 in black SS...and loved it, but it got & showed scratches too easily. So, I’ve been wearing the 42mm gray AW3 & although I loved the weight of the SS model, I have become accustomed to the comfort of the aluminum body. That said, I’ll probably go s#vv with the gray 44mm aluminum model.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I opt to buy the Series 4, and that’s a big IF, I’d get the 40 mm space gray aluminum model.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
If I opt to buy the Series 4, and that’s a big IF, I’d get the 40 mm space gray aluminum model.

Just curious why 40 vs 44? I'm looking to buy my first watch and figured I'd get the bigger one which is of course now even bigger. I did wrist measurements though and the 44 is only like 1/8" bigger which doesn't seem like much even though they visually look so different in the watch size comparison in the store app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77