What's your favorite news app?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of a news junkie. I've tried many of the news apps. My current and favorite app so far is Flipboard. I like that I can choose what I want. I have all of my favorites like sports, news, tech all in one place. What's your favorite news app?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I like Taptu, it allows for a greater limit of news stories shown in the backlog, something I felt Pulse wasn't as good at.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I subscribed to Feedbin and have been using Mr. Reader (iPad) and Unread (iPhone). I still occasionally use Flipboard, and yesterday I downloaded and started looking at the Facebook Paper app (jury's still out since I'm not a FB fan by any stretch).

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I like yahoo's news digest for a quick way to stay in the know, but for breaking stories I like NBC news.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPad Air using iMore Forums

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I get most of my news on twitter. I follow an array of people so I get tech, local, national and sports all in one place in almost real time

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I love my RSS feeds, so I subscribe via Feedly. Their app sucks so I use Ziner, which is great. Flipboard is okay, Gist is very nice and I love Zite and Prismatic. The Digg app is wonderful. And believe it or not, the Google app Currents is great too.

moongooseryan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
After Google Reader went away, I switched over to Feedly, but used Reeder as my app of choice until Unread came out.

I also use Flipboard a lot and have been trying out an app called Slow Feed which only shows me the RSS subscriptions I have that don't update as much as the others. It's an interesting take on RSS feeds, but I'm not sure if I'll stick with it or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I get most of my news on twitter. I follow an array of people so I get tech, local, national and sports all in one place in almost real time

For breaking news and up to the second coverage, Twitter is hard to beat.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my RSS feeds, so I subscribe via Feedly. Their app sucks so I use Ziner, which is great. Flipboard is okay, Gist is very nice and I love Zite and Prismatic. The Digg app is wonderful. And believe it or not, the Google app Currents is great too.

I used to use the AP app, which is quote good, but the ads got on my nerve.