What's the "Killer Feature" that needs to be in iPhone 8 this year?

BoneCollecter

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
i am more interested in a all new redesign the current ones are looking old and bulky with those chunky bezels.oled display and reduced bezels will be enough for me to upgrade.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You thought it was garbage? We had three Evo's in our possession. Myself, my wife and my father. We LOVED ours. I had every Evo that released up until the 3D. Then I switched to try Samsung. I think HTC has consistently nailed it in the hardware category.

What makes you think that?

HTC was known for having terrible cameras back then. They had a string of phones that had issues with pink/purple or yellow tint in camera output.

They used some of the most reflective, inefficient, LCD screens on the market; rendering their phones borderline unusable outdoors on sunny days. Some of their devices had been known for having issues with faulting motherboards, etc.

They also consistently put tiny storage and battery sizes in their phones. When Samsung was putting 1500mAh batteries and 16GB internal storage (+ SD expansion) in the Galaxy S while HTC was still trying to sell flagship-level/priced devices with 4GB internal storage and 1100-1230 mAh batteries. Their Specs and Support for technologies like the latest BT Standards, WiFi Direct, DLNA, etc. trailed OEMs like Samsung and Motorola.

HTC had a nice reputation because of their Windows Mobile Days and due to their good relationship with the Development/Modding community, but once the competitors came on strong, and that residual effect tapered off, we know what happened... They did well when Android was new, before the "flagship wars" started in 2009.

They know this, and that's why their current marketing efforts are clearly biased to that section of the market. Their current marketing is based on trolling, basically telling their "fans" to look for "haters" (literally) on the internet to push and defend their products for them.

And while people cried about TouchWiz, I don't think HTC Sense was ever really much better. The Aesthetic may have been better, but it was just as heavy and intrusive. That's why the HTC One X could barely keep an app open in the background, compared to the Galaxy S3 (never mind they skimped on the RAM in that device, but hey... Let's all pay for "looks" even if it comes at a sacrifice to productivity!).

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I did see some rumours about Apple shifting the dual cameras from horizontal to vertical. This may give some weight to @Ralph Morgotch 's comment about 3D photos.

Will this be the next 'killer feature'? Hmm, I'm not that excited about it. I would prefer to perfect photos with colour accuracy and improve low light photos before we start trying 3D stuff :)

That's just me.

The minute I load a JPEG from an iPhone into my image editing software, it switches the color space to match my hardware. I'm certainly not about to retool my entire technology infrastructure in the essence of matching Apple's vision for photography... So I don't care about that stuff.

I cared about it when the iPhone 7 Plus launched, which is partly why I got one. I stopped caring about it once I realized how it works, practically, in the real world for me - not too well (or rather, not at all). In any case, isn't that why we have RAW (DNG) capture? So that those people who care about flawless color accuracy can get it if they want it, by making the necessary adjustments to get as close to that point as possible?

The point of the Camera's JPEG processing should be to spit out attractive photos. Honestly, sometimes the photos out of the iPhone look fairly neutral, drab, and boring compared to other phones. They beg for a filter.

Switching the camera orientation on the back of the phone is **HOPEFULLY** a decent enough clue for people with this phone to stop sending me vertical videos.

Apple needs to work more on making sure they don't make trees in a landscape shot look like fungi than some ridiculous goals of flawless color accuracy, which most people's devices can't even reproduce.

I care more about getting sharp, detailed images than flawless color accuracy.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Confirmed?

Nothing is ever confirmed until Uncle Timmy gets up on stage in September and tells us.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about bezel size. I just want a 2k display or better in the next iPhone. If it doesnt have a 2k display it will need to have wireless charging for me to upgrade.

A perfect next gen iPhone for me would have:

-2K display at 5.5" or bigger

-wireless charging

-improved cameras

-bluetooth 5

-embeded touch Id

-fast charging over USB

-USB C.

I realize that it is unrealistic but that would be perfect. Oh and more color options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77