What would make your iPhone X perfect?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I used to obsess over this (dbm value). Now, I prefer to just have a rough idea via the signal strength bar. I find I don’t fret over it as much. Sort of like watching the fuel economy gauge on my truck and worrying about whether it’s 18.1 vs 18.3 mpg. I prefer to just turn the display to something else so it doesn’t distract me.

Yeah, I have issues.

It sounds like the same argument being made by some who say it isn't a big deal that the iPhone X is missing the percentage of battery remaining. Don't get me wrong, I don't completely disagree. I actually didn't have that much of an issue with the percentage being missing from the X -- I could still get a good idea of the battery life left from the icon and checking the exact percentage was easy to do. (either swipe left or down). Trying to find my signal strength, if I felt the need to see, was not as simple.

So, while I agree in principle, I do understand the desire to have a percentage of battery or a signal strength showing in the taskbar -- and do feel like it is an option that should be given.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn’t mind an iPhone 7/8 Plus size with all screen. I got the iPhone X because it was smaller but I miss the with of my 7 Plus.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As I sit here and think about my answer. A lot of what has been posted is true to me.

1. I would love to be able to replace the battery indicator with just the percentage.

2. I have always since iOS 4 or 5 wanted to be able to locate app icons where I want. I don’t really understand why we can’t. Maybe a technical issue? Maybe Apple just doesn’t want us to be able to? Maybe one of us or ALL of us should write Tim and ask him ourselves.

3. The size. I was a plus user from the 6plus. The plus was always sorta big to me. (I use a case usually). I used it just fine, but I would like something a little wider. A little taller. However honestly, not too much more. I’m surprised I adjusted to the X so well after some issues at the beginning were solved.

4. I want better low light camera performance. It’s not “bad” but it’s not “great” either.

5. Obviously I want better battery life.

Yep. Those are mine.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Larger screen, no notch, and battery percentage in the front.
It is annoying to have to swipe down to get to the battery percentage. I like to have it visible.
Also the stupid notch. Some people say they don’t see it. Well, I see it.
ALL. THE. TIME.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you got past it. It is a beautiful phone just not practical for my daily use. I was so caught up in the shiney new phone that I ignored it for a couple weeks. Then as I used it like I use all my phone's it was always there. The real issue for me was the smaller screen which is caused by the notch existing. If they have a Plus version in the fall I will probably give it a shot even if it has the notch.

Yeah, if they have a Plus I might consider another X. Otherwise I’ll stick to the non-X, whatever it will be called.
Even now I find myself reaching for my iPhone 8 Plus over the X. I’m not in love with the smaller screen, notch, no battery icon, and believe it or not, smaller size. I prefer the size of the 8 Plus.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I wish it was a little smaller. The only transition from iPhone 6s that bugs me is the added size and weight.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The quick app switcher line (swipe left or right on the bottom white line) should respect the phone's orientation even if the app you are swiping past does not. If I'm playing a game in landscape and want to quickly switch to Messages, but have to go through Podcasts to get there, it's very unnatural. This is how it goes: swipe along the long edge left->right, then swipe along the short edge bottom-right->top-right or top-left->bottom-left, and then back to the long edge left->right.

As many have said, show me the battery % in more places (i.e. in the Siri Search pulldown, or the widgets screen etc).

I agree with the complaint about Control Center moving the cellular and wifi signal indicators from the right to the left. I would also add that time is not visible within control center, despite there being nothing at all in the notches of Control Center.

I'd like Control Center to be a card that you can pick from the app-switcher stack, and I'd like to be able to be able to add regular app icons to Control Center; clock, calculator, and camera apps all have dedicated icons within Control Center already.

When the phone is locked and on the Notification screen, sometimes as I'm reading the text of a notification the screen will turn off. I believe it stays lit for 10 seconds. The workaround is to constantly scroll notifications up and down to stop that from happening, but that's not conducive to reading a series of lengthy notifications. When you turn the phone screen on again, you're back up at the top of the notification list, so it's pretty annoying.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy