• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

What will the S of the 5S be?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
"Status Quo" - no major changes this year... just incremental updates positioning Apple for the new form factor next year. It will still be a solid device, but no major changes this time.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
There has been many rumors about a "budget" iPhone.
That would be a horrible idea. Just like when a clothes designer has a line for sale at Target. It cheapens the brand.

Part of the appeal for many is that Apple is more expensive. It may not be the attraction for those who post here, but it is the attraction for many.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That would be a horrible idea. Just like when a clothes designer has a line for sale at Target. It cheapens the brand.

Part of the appeal for many is that Apple is more expensive. It may not be the attraction for those who post here, but it is the attraction for many.

I'm fairly new to the iPhone party, but from what I've read, the budget iPhones would be targeted towards "other" markets than the US. Other meaning emerging markets. I am going to guess that the 5s will be an incremental upgrade to the current 5 like faster and more storage, but with a twist of color options like red, green, blue, and orange. Just a guess of course

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What? Where is that coming from? Personally I would like to see red and blue, but I don't think green and orange would be big sellers.

Verizon and AT&T wouldn't be able to keep the green ones in stock with all of the proud Irish folks! Personally I would probably get a white one because I've never had a white phone before. But I really like the red annostyle iPhones out there

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
iPhone with letter after it:

iPhone 5s - small (4 in)
iPhone 5M - medium (4.5 in)
iPhone 5L - large (5 in)

Just like clothes shopping - nice and simple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What if the 'S' stood for "So what if the size is still the same?...:D

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
S for stale..

Hopefully they do away with "S" models and just come out with the 6 in light of the competition, time to wow people again..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman