What is your favorite way to play the Nintendo Switch?

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
For me, unquestionably in handheld mode. As a new parent and generally busy person whose spouse doesn't enjoy games, being able to pull out a handheld for 10 minutes here or there is mostly how I'm able to play these days.

Muhammad Harun

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I think I love every way to play it. But in home I prefer to connect it to big TV because it has HD resolution and it must be beautiful to play it on HD TV

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I feel like the ability to play on the tablet similar to the WiiU is one of the best features. I wouldn't take it with me out of my house but I would love to play it while sitting here watching sports on the big screen.

I'm just waiting for games to come out that are worth the money. Zelda isn't enough at the moment especially since I just bought a PS4 Pro and am awaiting Xbox Scorpio.

Another great place to play the Switch is...

On the toilet :)

Another game you can look into is...

SPLATOON 2

I played the original and it is awesome!

Definitely check out the gameplay! It's intense!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8UY47Alvk

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I really liked the wii remote + nunchuck style for Wii/Wii U so I suspect I'll enjoy the loose joycons. Though for Splatoon 2 you need a single controller for the right motion controls.

Jake White

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Nintendo makes great handhelds, and honestly that's the reason that I continue to buy their stuff. If I can't play a game at my desk I never finish it, using a TV is such a hassle.

Centerion

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Favorite way to play the switch is definitely in my hand, not on the TV. Both experiences feel great honestly, which is good when it runs out of battery and it needs to be in the dock, but I love the "enhanced" feeling of the motion controls and having the screen closer to me. Plus I really like the distance my hands are apart when using the switch in handheld! I should mention I haven't ever tried playing a switch with a Pro Controller, I've just used the JoyCon Grip, so when I try that at some point that might make me change my mind. One thing I'll say is don't feel obligated to use the switch on the TV when you are at home!

Bewareweegee

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
I don't have one, but hopefully I will soon! :3

Seeing as most Nintendo consoles I've had have been handhelds, I'll probably play it in handheld mode more often than not. And because playing home console level games portablely sounds mind-blowing! :3

Momobeawesome

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a switch but would really would love one!:) I have been fortunate enough to try one out, both in console mode and handheld. And from my limited experience I would say I prefer playing on the switch most in console mode! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that you can use it handheld! The fact that you can take on the go so easily is so appealing. Love it! However, when playing games in this mode, I got frustrated with the low battery life ( my understanding is that battety life is influenced by the game you are playing, some lasting longer then others) and the joycon controllers. When the joycon controllers were attached to the sides of the switch tablet, I found them to be uncomfortable after a while of playing. Furthermore, I got frustrated playing this way because it was so difficult to achieve small and precise movements with the joycons analog sticks. My thumbs just felt awkward trying to move the sticks in slow and small movements. It's was a struggle.

But honestly other then that, the handheld experience was great. Graphics held up and the sounds was pretty impressive for such a small device! (Played without headphones!)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2