What is Apple CarPlay, and what are some of its features?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
After buying new car I want to install apple carplay. So I want to know what is apple carplay and what are the features of this.

Hello and welcome to iMore. As described on Apple's CarPlay webpage, "CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your iPhone while you drive. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and enjoy your favorite music. All on your car’s built-in display. And CarPlay now features more app categories and custom wallpapers for your CarPlay Dashboard."

Many vehicles are compatible with CarPlay. Here's a list from Apple's website. My vehicle has a built-in screen which is perfect for CarPlay. I connect to CarPlay in my car by using a cable. There are also many after-market Car-Play devices, and I know that there are people here on the forums who use a variety of them.

Hopefully, this has answered your initial question, but if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

And finally, when you get a chance, please take a minute to familiarize yourself with iMore's Community Rules & Guidelines. Also when you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2