What ipad should I buy for an 8 year old ?

YanivC

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Ive got a 7 and 5 year old and both are on Mini 2 with Afranker (Amazon.com: Afranker Ipad Mini/Mini 2 Shockproof Case Light Weight Kids Case Super Protection Cover Handle Stand Case for Kids Children for Apple Ipad Mini/Mini 2 Red: Cell Phones & Accessories) mini shockproof case and both of them love them.
Its actually worked out really well because theyve learned to "work" for their toys. Every week if they do their chores and homework and listen to mommy and daddy, they get an allowance of $3 which translates into 1 game each. The 7 year old has learned that if she saves for a few weeks she can get a "better" game :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ive got a 7 and 5 year old and both are on Mini 2 with Afranker (Amazon.com: Afranker Ipad Mini/Mini 2 Shockproof Case Light Weight Kids Case Super Protection Cover Handle Stand Case for Kids Children for Apple Ipad Mini/Mini 2 Red: Cell Phones & Accessories) mini shockproof case and both of them love them.
Its actually worked out really well because theyve learned to "work" for their toys. Every week if they do their chores and homework and listen to mommy and daddy, they get an allowance of $3 which translates into 1 game each. The 7 year old has learned that if she saves for a few weeks she can get a "better" game :)

That case looks GREAT and perfect for the task at hand! Good life lesson learned by your older child as well! The power of saving!

drdeepaksingh

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
My 8 year old started with the original iPad when she was 3. Then, her favourite movies stopped playing and she had to get the iPad 2 when she was 5. She dropped it in a pond while taking pictures of fishes and it stopped working, so I had to get her an iPad mini 3. This she used quite a bit in school as well and is very productive with it. She used to do lots of finger drawings in the Nickelodeon (Dora) game and now she creates great stories in Book Creator with drawings (using a generic stylus) with music embedded and all! So I am now seriously thinking of getting her the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil after looking at Serenity's write up on the iPad Pro. This device has really brought out the creative side in my daughter.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
That case looks GREAT and perfect for the task at hand! Good life lesson learned by your older child as well! The power of saving!

That looks like it would be a good case, but the fact that it lacks screen protection bothers me. I would either have to add a separate screen protector or get a case with a cover that flips closed.

Ive used Spigen cases for a while now for my iPhone and have a good opinion of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Kick-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2736805

That is for the Mini 4, but Im sure they make that same case for the other models as well. Again lacks a screen protector, but those can be purchased seperately.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That looks like it would be a good case, but the fact that it lacks screen protection bothers me. I would either have to add a separate screen protector or get a case with a cover that flips closed.

Ive used Spigen cases for a while now for my iPhone and have a good opinion of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen®-Kick-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2736808

That is for the Mini 4, but Im sure they make that same case for the other models as well. Again lacks a screen protector, but those can be purchased seperately.

I really like that one too!