What do you NOT LIKE about Apple Music?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about Apple Music?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
That I can't exclude an artist from showing up in my "For You" section. Sometimes I can't understand what kind of algorithm they're using that leads them to the recommended stuff it presents me. It's mind boggling.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That you can’t exclude songs/albums or even artist from getting synced to Music.

You now have to delete those from an iPhone or TV. That way the songs do stay in iTunes but aren’t shown on other devices associated with your Apple ID.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I seem to have frequent issues with syncing my playlists. It could be me, it could be Apple... frankly, I think it's a combination of both. But the process could be made easier.

krishnansasikumar

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
The algorithm to create a recommended list or play random songs according to Genre. I love how Pandora and Google Play Music finds songs according to my likes.

Note- I listen to non-english songs

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m not a fan of the algorithm for finding new music either, it’s pretty bad. I said this in the iPhone thread, but I dislike the fact that I can’t add shows to my library and I have to search for them every time I want to listen to an episode. On top of the song deletion and artist exclusion, why are there some artists that have entire discographies except for one album? That’s just irritating. When I do search for a band, and select it, take me to their main page. I don’t want to see partial lists of discographies and top rated songs.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There is no continuous play when a playlist runs out like Pandora and Spotify.
Very limited on Sono’s.
When I say show less of this, I don’t want to see more and a new playlists of what I just told you I don’t like.
You also have to make sure you remove the download first before deleting a song or playlist, or you will find it is never really deleted
As I said in another thread, I am not usually a fan of whole albums. ( saying that makes me feel old, I remember going out and buying single 45 records, and cassettes).
But I find if you do save a playlist or album to your library. Technically it is not in your library, it gets buried in the app.
You have to create a playlist to see it in your library, than it is in there twice. That makes the library feel cluttered when you do that.
Lastly, the radio aspect needs improvement. There is no way to delete a station you create.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
OK, I don’t like the sound quality, it just does not please me.
And I don’t like having to pay for the limited amount of time I listen to music nowadays, when I can listen to endless music free on the wireless or on Spotify. Others have mentioned the algorithm that recommends music we might like, apparently based on what we have bought or liked or played, these things are insane and prove categorically that whoever wrote them should keep the day job( short order cook, village ***** ?) sophisticated software, my left butt cheek ! These things are so irritating, if I liked an original piece of work it is not carte blanche to offer me every goddam cover that every unheard of nebbish ever had the cheek to record ! Humph !!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
That I can’t transfer downloaded songs from my Mac to my iPhones.

I am not sure what you mean. I have a ton of music that I have procured legally downloaded outside of iTunes, that I transfer easily to my iPhone, either through iTunes/Music or using iCloud/Files app or through my NAS drive on my network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2