• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

What do I need to check/verify before buying a second-hand iPhone X?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
He provided the serial number for me to check. I then verified that SN on the phone itself and it matched. Same with the IMEI.

He may have provided you with a legit serial number but that serial number may not have been the one that was actually registered to the device he was trying to sell you. He was attempting to scam you. I wouldn't think anything more about it. Just walk the other way and save your money lol.

Good on you for doing your homework and not getting scammed!

ChamNG

May 30, 2014
Visit site
He may have provided you with a legit serial number but that serial number may not have been the one that was actually registered to the device he was trying to sell you. He was attempting to scam you. I wouldn't think anything more about it. Just walk the other way and save your money lol.

Good on you for doing your homework and not getting scammed!

Thanks again

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Used iPhone X

Yes, it will be covered but Apple won’t change it unless it’s broken, I just wouldn’t buy an iPhone X with less than 90% battery capacity left, it shows heavy usage

I know that this is old on this thread, but the iPhone X is one of the phones covered by Apple's $29 battery replacement program. They will replace no matter what the battery health is for $29 (in the US) through the end of 2018.

See https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman