What are your first impressions regarding battery life on the iPhone 6??

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For some like myself that restored from iCloud back up at time of purchase and aren't totally satisfied with battery life - reset settings. Yes it can be that simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mark233

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
With my usage I've been satisfied. 100% charge in the morning and 11 hours later with moderate/kinda heavy usage my phone usually is showing 55-65% charge.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
After owning a 6 Plus briefly, my first impression of the iPhone 6 battery was that it wasn't the terrible battery I was expecting.

It's definitely better than my Galaxy S3, but that's not saying all that much. It's actually not much worse than the Note 4 I also had briefly.

It gets me through my work day without an issue.

Here is my usage for today, and in still at 71%. I was in some low to no signal areas today for 3-4 hours as well.

cfa8a01eb3142e1fb2c9715cc0fe9799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rapha194

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I closed all applications.
I rebooted the machine
Again made sure that did not have any open app
I turned off the key to the background app in configurations.
I turned the screen and let the phone for hours at all stanby with wifi and 3G connected

I realized that the use of time marked a few minutes even the screen being turned off and no background app

I did some tests using the phone lasts 1 hour constantly with brightness by 20% Navigation safari and social networks
In one hour of use consumed 15% battery
Again performed the test by about 5 times and the average was 14% to 16% for 1 hour of constant use

Right at the very least with my type of use ....
100/16 = 6.25 of screen time

However the use of time BUG with the screen turned off and no running in the background app is a reality for me.

Last edited:

jorbjorb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
ok this is a big reason why i want to switch from my five.

the battery on it is so crappy on ios 8.

is the 6 significantly better?

i listen to lots of music on rdio and use a fitness app lots

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I say maybe 10% better? If you're on wifi most of the day you should be fine but if you're like me and always on LTE/4G and always checking snapchat, FB, instagram, twitter then you need to plug it in when you can.

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
9 hours usage with 2days standby not possible you might have given small charge bcz of that its showing that much time.... Correct me please.

Or if you have done this with some tweaks please share with us... I will be greatful

Hi,
No tricks. I was surprised to. Maybe has something to do with the way I was using it during that period?

My brightness is around 35-40%, I was on wifi about half the time and my LTE signal was usually between 3-4 bars. Didn't have Bluetooth or other services on, no background refresh since I don't have any apps that I need it for. No apps are using Location at the moment and the only app I have syncing thru iCloud Drive right now is Clear.

I basically just used it like normal. Browser, photo apps, message and email, App Store, iMore app etc.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Battery life wasn't bad on the 6, but nothing stellar either. Which is why I switched to a 6 Plus - for battery life reasons, but also for a bigger screen. So far, battery life on the Plus is nothing short of amazing, which is a no brainer considering it's much bigger. But if it's a concern, the Plus is a good way to go.

Fluid02

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20150328_175003.jpg
This is mine LTE no WiFi.

I had the 6+ before but because of the size I returned under the 14 days. I was worry about how this phone will handled. By the way the 6+ have an amazing battery but this it is good so far. I am happy with it.