What Are You Looking Forward to the Most?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In June, Apple revealed to us the things we can expect when iOS 18 is officially released and what to expect by year’s end. In 9 days, Apple is expected to revealed new/updated products. With that in mind, which of the following are you looking forward to the most.

1. iPhone 16/16 Pro models
2. Apple Intelligence
3. Live scores
4. Watch X
5. Other

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
  • iOS 18 released
  • macOS 15 released
  • iPad Mini announced
  • New Macintosh accessories
  • Curious to see if they drop 5G mmWave support on their devices
  • Curious to see if they drop the nanoSIM slot on the new iPhone

What we know is that Apple Intelligence will not be available in iOS 18.1 for non USA English iPhones. So it will not be available to any of my devices (and I will not put my phone to a dialect I do not use).

Edit:
  • Will the next generation Apple Watch come with a Blood Oxymetre? They disabled it only in the USA and we have heard nothing since then. My guess: Status quo

Last edited:
Reactions: Just_Me_D

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
IMG_0992.jpegSo, here’s what I received.
  • iOS 18 released
  • macOS 15 released
We have release dates for both. Monday 16 September 2024..
  • iPad Mini announced
Nope
  • New Macintosh accessories
Nope
  • Curious to see if they drop 5G mmWave support on their devices
They did not. Only USA iPhones have support for 5G mmWave, like the iPhone 15 series.

• Curious to see if they drop the nanoSIM slot on the new iPhone
They did not. The iPhone 16 series continues to support the nanoSIM cards to the same level iPhone 15 series did. That’s good.

IMG_0991.jpeg
What we know is that Apple Intelligence will not be available in iOS 18.1 for non USA English iPhones. So it will not be available to any of my devices (and I will not put my phone to a dialect I do not use).
Unexpected… support is coming in December 2024 for my dialect.

Also, maybe in 2025 for the other language I use daily. It’s not clear if they will support the dialect we use or it will only be the metropolitan French.
Edit:
  • Will the next generation Apple Watch come with a Blood Oxymetre? They disabled it only in the USA and we have heard nothing since then. My guess: Status quo
Status quo indeed. The Apple Watch Series 10 still has the blood oxymetre in supported countries.

IMG_0990.jpeg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mznash