What are you going to do with your old iPhone?

What are you going to do with your old iPhone?

• Keep it

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Sell it

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Give it away

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I just came back to iPhone after a brief foray in the Treo 750 WM-6 world and, since the T750 is 3G; I had a chance to observe battery usage and availability of 3G in my area.

In most of my daily travels, I have no 3G availability. Thus the 3G iPhone would not be a big benefit. Yes the "me.com cloud" would be useful but I can always sync my iPhone to my notebook and then sync my iPhone with my desktop when I get home. In all these years, I have never accessed my home iMac from the road. Thus, I never leave it turned on!

Other 3G dependent SDK Apps, while handy, are not a big necessity for me.

So, I'm with you: I'll wait for iPhone 3.0 ;)

Bill

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
You should be able to do all of the me.com things with the original iPhone as well. I believe that it comes as a 2.0 software upgrade there is no special hardware in the new iPhone that will allow you to use me.com.

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I think our first generation iPhones are going to command a premium since you will have to buy the 3G version in the store and activate it right then and there...at least that is what I am gathering from the news from today. So, if you can't get it out the door without activating it, and people want unlocked/unactivated/jailbroken iPhones, it is very likely our current models will sell for MORE than they do now! Just a thought...

Your first post ever is a good one! Give this man a nickel. You're quite right, with the forced activation on the new iphone the older model will become more valuable, particularly when jailbroken. Not locked to a carrier, or contract and supplies of 1st gen phones will be tight thereby driving UP pricing. It also allows buyers to use an iphone for a year contract free (or under their existing GSM contract) with the same software as the new iphone while retaining the flexibility of deciding when the 3rd gen iphone comes out next year. At that time, the 2nd gen buyers will be stuck unless AT&T ups the data plan pricing again - $40 anyone? - and allows short-cycled subsidized devices. Eventually that music has to stop though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77