What are the odds of being in stock?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I plan on getting the iPhone 11 Pro in an actual retail Apple Store. I know, weird right? I plan on going to the store the week of the 22nd so I have to wonder if they'll even have any in stock.

What are the odds that my local retail Apple Store will have any in stock? What do you think the lines are going to look like? Will there be any accessories to be bought in the store (cases, etc.)?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The past couple of years haven't had the same stock issues as previous years before that. It's easier to just see if you can reserve it online and go pick it up.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
You can reserve one to be picked up in-store? Oh, ok... I didn't know that. I figured that you just had to walk in and hope that they had the one you wanted in stock.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I'm going to need some help from an Apple Store employee when I transition from my current iPhone 7 Plus. I'm going to need some help transferring my data from my old phone to my new phone (I have no idea how that's done without iTunes) along with some help with the gestures. This will be my first iPhone without a home button.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You can reserve one to be picked up in-store? Oh, ok... I didn't know that. I figured that you just had to walk in and hope that they had the one you wanted in stock.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say that I'm going to need some help from an Apple Store employee when I transition from my current iPhone 7 Plus. I'm going to need some help transferring my data from my old phone to my new phone (I have no idea how that's done without iTunes) along with some help with the gestures. This will be my first iPhone without a home button.

It’s easier than ever to transfer your data just need to put your old and new device side by side and wait for the prompt

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
It’s easier than ever to transfer your data just need to put your old and new device side by side and wait for the prompt
Um... OK. How? Do you have to be connected to a WiFi network? Bluetooth?

Will it transfer everything? Or is it going to be more like an iCloud backup that doesn't get everything? I know an encrypted iTunes Backup gets far more data than an iCloud backup.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As always, if I preorder a new model, I will just have it shipped to my home rather then fighting the crowds at the Apple store.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
As always, if I preorder a new model, I will just have it shipped to my home rather then fighting the crowds at the Apple store.
I'd do that too but I want to get some training of sorts from the Apple Store people on how to use the various gestures.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'd do that too but I want to get some training of sorts from the Apple Store people on how to use the various gestures.

That’s a good plan and you will find the gesture concept very easy to migrate to. For myself it was easy coming from Blackberry OS10 which was a gesture based OS.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Have you done a iPhone backup using the iCloud backup feature. Once you have the device backed up, all you do with you new device is log on and do a restore from your backup and all your data will be restored to you new device.

It takes about a half hour depending on how much data and you home WiFi speed. My device is setup to use auto backup every night. You will need a WiFi network to use the backup feature.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Have you done a iPhone backup using the iCloud backup feature. Once you have the device backed up, all you do with you new device is log on and do a restore from your backup and all your data will be restored to you new device.
From what I heard an iCloud backup doesn't backup everything. Even iTunes itself says, if you do an encrypted local backup, will do a backup including "account passwords, Health, and HomeKit data". I can only assume that an iCloud backup doesn't include that as part of the data backup set.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
From what I heard an iCloud backup doesn't backup everything. Even iTunes itself says, if you do an encrypted local backup, will do a backup including "account passwords, Health, and HomeKit data". I can only assume that an iCloud backup doesn't include that as part of the data backup set.

If you use iCloud Keychain you don't have to worry about passwords.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

The only thing I have had to do is put in my gmail password after I do a restore. It backs up my social media passwords like twitter and Facebook.

But re-imputing the password after the restore is not a big deal as long as the rest of my apps and data are restored properly. For myself, iCloud has been the best backup method I have used so far.

KrisYYC

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site

I'm the opposite, I'd rather go in person and pick it up myself. I have a tradition on new iPhone day where I pick up the phone then go grab Chinese food in the mall food court after. Don't ask me why lol.

Plus I'd rather not rely on couriers.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I plan on getting the iPhone 11 Pro in an actual retail Apple Store. I know, weird right? I plan on going to the store the week of the 22nd so I have to wonder if they'll even have any in stock.

What are the odds that my local retail Apple Store will have any in stock? What do you think the lines are going to look like? Will there be any accessories to be bought in the store (cases, etc.)?

Based on how some of the preorders are still showing a ship date of this Friday, I would say there is a good chance they have some in stock.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site

I’ve heard of this new transfer tech, but one question I have is what if you’re on a beta. Like I’m on 13.1 most current beta. I’m assuming I can’t use the new migration in this instance?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’ve heard of this new transfer tech, but one question I have is what if you’re on a beta. Like I’m on 13.1 most current beta. I’m assuming I can’t use the new migration in this instance?

You will be once you set the 11 as new, update to the latest beta and restore the device again. This will allow you to use this new transfer tech.

G Y

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
If I had the day off, I would go to the store but I’m working. I haven’t had any issues in the past few years with walking in and walking out with the phone I wanted.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2