What are the advantages of MacBooks.

co4nd

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Design, durability, and support.

I develop enterprise applications mainly for Windows and I've been using MacBooks for the last two years. I've had a lot of laptops over the years and the design of the MacBooks is top notch, many other Aluminum laptops are really just a thin aluminum shell the MacBook is built by removing material from a solid piece of aluminum, hence it's far more rigid and durable. But the size, performance and elegance is what sets it apart. Even the power supply is better than any I've had from dell or hp. I travel a lot and my company buys Applecare for those that have MacBooks, we can go into an apple store and get issues resolved quickly practically anywhere in the US, though I've never had to use it.

I haven't had any problem working with Windows, I use the Microsoft remote desktop app (the one in the App store not the one that comes with office). I also use Parallels to run Windows virtual machines and many of my client have VPNs that I use to connect to remote Windows machines. Never had any problems. I have office 365 so I get office apps on my Windows VMs and on OS X. I generally use the OS X side for Email, Web and Office, then do my development on either a Windows VM or a remote Windows machine.

I've had a lot of high end machines from Dell and HP over the years, they've all been junk compared to my last two MacBook Pros. I'll never go back, and I certainly want nothing to do with windows 8.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
What got me to buy my first macbook was the aluminum design and the battery life. I have the mid 2013 model 13 inch with 128GB, it is all I really need, it was really meant to replace my personal computer.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I used to have a PC. My first husband was a software engineer, he fixed every bug that ever happened, I was not worried. But then I got divorced. I couldn't exactly call my ex and ask him to fix my computer woes, lol. That's when I got my first macbook. I never had a virus problem after that.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also have this question because I'm thinking of saving for a laptop and am wondering if I should be getting a windows laptop or save more for a MacBook. The windows laptop I was eyeing was 700 dollars, while the model MacBook I would want to get is 1400 (the retina MacBook Pro). Or if I decided for windows for my laptop I could save more and get a more expensive windows laptop in the same 1,000 dollar plus range.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I also have this question because I'm thinking of saving for a laptop and am wondering if I should be getting a windows laptop or save more for a MacBook. The windows laptop I was eyeing was 700 dollars, while the model MacBook I would want to get is 1400 (the retina MacBook Pro). Or if I decided for windows for my laptop I could save more and get a more expensive windows laptop in the same 1,000 dollar plus range.

It is personal preference, And also a matter on how satisfied you are when you make the purchase.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8