What about Apple’s “responsibility” to consumers?

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I guess I’m a pessimist in this regard because I’ve been through and seen way too much to think people care about anyone other than themselves.

This actually would define you as more cynic than pessimist and I believe it's more accurate than a lot of people would like to believe ... including about themselves.

On topic.. I am surprised to see this thread still active... BUT since it is...

EVERY company wants one thing from you and that's money. If you're spending, they're interested. If you're looking for a friend, may wanna hit the local pet store. I'm genuinely surprised the emotions some people associate with businesses. It's just marketing and Apple has some of the absolute best! Coca-Cola is masterful as well, but I digress ..

I'm cynical, I admit that fact, but sheesh guys... C'mon.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This actually would define you as more cynic than pessimist and I believe it's more accurate than a lot of people would like to believe ... including about themselves.

On topic.. I am surprised to see this thread still active... BUT since it is...

EVERY company wants one thing from you and that's money. If you're spending, they're interested. If you're looking for a friend, may wanna hit the local pet store. I'm genuinely surprised the emotions some people associate with businesses. It's just marketing and Apple has some of the absolute best! Coca-Cola is masterful as well, but I digress ..

I'm cynical, I admit that fact, but sheesh guys... C'mon.

Cynical was definitely the word I was looking for!! Very nicely stated...I totally agree!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can totally see how that was interpreted incorrectly. Me saying I’m not mad means exactly that. I have other things to focus on, instead of worrying about if a company cares about me or not.

DND while driving can be seen as actual caring or it can be seen as marketing because safety is huge right now. I, for one, didn’t need DND while driving to keep me from being distracted. Yes it’s a great feature, but if I don’t want to be distracted, there are things I can proactively do to help with that. I just think society as a whole puts way too much emphasis on the responsibility others have to us, instead of taking the responsibility for ourselves.

It’s definitely nice to have an expectation of a company caring for its consumers, but life goes on if they don’t. I just don’t put that much thought into it. Having too many expectations will, most likely, lead to disappointment.

'nuf said....:cool:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can totally see how that was interpreted incorrectly. Me saying I’m not mad means exactly that. I have other things to focus on, instead of worrying about if a company cares about me or not.

DND while driving can be seen as actual caring or it can be seen as marketing because safety is huge right now. I, for one, didn’t need DND while driving to keep me from being distracted. Yes it’s a great feature, but if I don’t want to be distracted, there are things I can proactively do to help with that. I just think society as a whole puts way too much emphasis on the responsibility others have to us, instead of taking the responsibility for ourselves.

It’s definitely nice to have an expectation of a company caring for its consumers, but life goes on if they don’t. I just don’t put that much thought into it. Having too many expectations will, most likely, lead to disappointment.
Regardless of customers' expectations, any company always seeks to improve. And even though many fans are on their side they know they messed up. Being critical doesn't always mean being an advocate. Just putting in some perspective in here.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of customers' expectations, any company always seeks to improve. And even though many fans are on their side they know they messed up. Being critical doesn't always mean being an advocate. Just putting in some perspective in here.

I agree!!! I’m no advocate or critic...it is what it is🤷🏾*♀️

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77