Weekly Photo Contest: Shadows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmcg

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Taken at somewhere around 10pm as the sun was setting in Germany. Only edit was using HDR. Can't remember if this was with my 4 or 4s...

Apparently this isn't the original so the EXIF doesn't match up. Hmmm. I wonder where that could be? Let's see...

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just in the knick of time! This is just me on my daily stroll to work...invisible and all! For this shot I used Fast Camera and set my iPhone(With olloclip!) on a tripod. I took one photo of myself making a "walking" pose, then carefully removed my sandals while leaving them there, and stepped away. I used PhotoForge2 to combine the photos using masks. The top layer had just my shadow and the very bottom of my sandals, and the bottom layer was the area behind me, with the top of my footless sandals. Lastly did a quick process in Snapseed to give it a little roughness. This was my biggest challenge yet, and I'm glad there were so many entries this week! And thank you iMore folks for keeping this going; keeping me inspired! Also, FWIW, PhotoForge2 Doesn't maintain EXIF. Or iOS6 doesn't agree. Either way it's not there for this file! :(

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
a woman's silhouette creeping onto a glass mural allowing sunlight to illuminate her beverage.

shot on an iPhone 4S
didn't feel a need to do any further editing

KCMike

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just in the knick of time! This is just me on my daily stroll to work...invisible and all! For this shot I used Fast Camera and set my iPhone(With olloclip!) on a tripod. I took one photo of myself making a "walking" pose, then carefully removed my sandals while leaving them there, and stepped away. I used PhotoForge2 to combine the photos using masks. The top layer had just my shadow and the very bottom of my sandals, and the bottom layer was the area behind me, with the top of my footless sandals. Lastly did a quick process in Snapseed to give it a little roughness. This was my biggest challenge yet, and I'm glad there were so many entries this week! And thank you iMore folks for keeping this going; keeping me inspired! Also, FWIW, PhotoForge2 Doesn't maintain EXIF. Or iOS6 doesn't agree. Either way it's not there for this file! :(

Dude, this photo is ridiculous. Nice work!

Reactions: SimpleAsItSeems

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site

Holy crap this is amazing! Great work!

Reactions: SimpleAsItSeems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burningroad