• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Weak Haptic and missed notifications

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I have Haptic feedback set to high and prominent feedback turned on. However, I've noticed that if I get an email or text while I'm busy and don't check it. The next time I swipe down on that red dot (say an hour later) I find that I've missed several other notifications included extremely recent text messages or whatever.

I end up in trouble missing important messages including the "hello?!?" "are you just going to ignore me?" "fine whatever!" multiple message strings that I would never miss if my phone was vibrating.

It leads me to think either my vibration is weak or it's not vibrating at all if I have ignored a message and already have the red dot missed message icon. I've since turned the volume on for notifications as well and if I'm working or in another quiet environment I find that is the only way I'm not missing notifications.

The problem is I hate that ding and find it annoying and inappropriate because it removes the subtlety of checking messages on your watch when your with other people.

Last issues is having the mirror phone mute my watch when I set my phone to vibrate is great but then I'm back to missing notifications entirely again.

Anyone else missing bunches of notifications often? Is there a chance my vibration is weak? When I change the vibration strength in settings I can definitely feel it when it changes to high and I've tried wearing the watch tighter but this keeps happening. Any tips would be appreciated or even just hearing this isn't just happening to me. Thanks!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not too long after I got my Watch I experienced no haptic feedback. I restored the watch and it's been good ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
In general an un-pair / re-pair is usually a good first step fix for most watch related issues.

Sweettooth008

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

did you ever get your issue resolved?

I don't have an apple watch but my 6s plus has always had a weak vibration. I used to have a 6 plus and that phone's vibration was noticeable and i never missed a notification.

I've set up an appointment with the Genius Bar in the meantime but was wondering if you ever fixed yours.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin