Way more people are choosing the Apple Watch Series 9 over the Ultra or the SE

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Come on. You’re talking a two to three hundred dollar price difference, with the exception of the Stainless Steel version. Of course ‘more’ people will choose the Series 9 on price alone.

I do not need my Watch Ultra 2. It truly is overkill for ‘me’, however, I’m so glad I bought its larger is definitely blessing to my aging eyes…;)

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Come on. You’re talking a two to three hundred dollar price difference, with the exception of the Stainless Steel version. Of course ‘more’ people will choose the Series 9 on price alone.

I do not need my Watch Ultra 2. It truly is overkill for ‘me’, however, I’m so glad I bought its larger is definitely blessing to my aging eyes…;)

Two or three hun ... What !
I have never spent that amount on a watch and I've had them last twenty years !

HowardBrazee

Jun 8, 2023
Visit site
I keep being tempted by the battery size of the Ultra (and have my golf app last for a whole round), but then I put one on my wrist, and get turned off by the size).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Two or three hun ... What !
I have never spent that amount on a watch and I've had them last twenty years !

Up until my mid-twenties, I had never spent more than $25 on a watch, and back then I wore either Timex or Casio. After my career and marriage begin, I started buying the more expensive watches. They all lasted a long time.

With that being said, I’ve not worn a traditional watch since the introduction of the first Watch and I’ve been wearing an Watch ever since.

Anyway, back to the ‘Two or three hundred dollar difference’ comment. I was rationalizing why more people would opted for the non-Ultra model.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I keep being tempted by the battery size of the Ultra (and have my golf app last for a whole round), but then I put one on my wrist, and get turned off by the size).

I see so many people (men and women) here in the Orlando area wearing an Watch Ultra/Ultra 2 to where its size is simply normal. Besides, it pales in comparison some of the Invicta watches I’ve seen over the years.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

You can try it with a non Apple Watch Ultra strap, still looks good and takes away most of the bulk.

The Apple Watch Ultra actually looks elegant with a Hermes strap, or any slim leather strap for that matter.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

HowardBrazee

Jun 8, 2023
Visit site
Up until my mid-twenties, I had never spent more than $25 on a watch, and back then I wore either Timex or Casio. After my career and marriage begin, I started buying the more expensive watches. They all lasted a long time.

With that being said, I’ve not worn a traditional watch since the introduction of the first Watch and I’ve been wearing an Watch ever since.

Anyway, back to the ‘Two or three hundred dollar difference’ comment. I was rationalizing why more people would opted for the non-Ultra model.
After I got out of the USAF (where I was required to wear a watch), I didn't wear a watch until my Apple Watch. I don't need a watch to keep time, especially if I am carrying an iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After I got out of the USAF (where I was required to wear a watch), I didn't wear a watch until my Apple Watch. I don't need a watch to keep time, especially if I am carrying an iPhone.

I hear you. I’ve worn a watch since I was about 7 years old. In fact, I could be looking at the display on my iPhone and I’ll still look at my Watch for the time. It’s a habit I know I’ll never break.

During the few times I’ve left my Watch home, I would look at my wrist for the time and then get irritated even though my iPhone is in my possession. Yep…that’s Just Me … D

Reactions: HowardBrazee

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoneto