• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

WatchOS 7.2 was released today!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Downloading to series 3 now (I hope).

b8098844628bc3eb0803fe508c33f383.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Let me know how that goes, my wife’s series 3 doesn’t have enough space for the update. She doesn’t have many apps on there either. Sounds like it’s met its limit for updates.

Series 3 LTE. Kept getting “unable to verify as you’re not connected to the internet” message. Rebooted both iPhone and watch and tried again. Updating now. Shouldn’t be this difficult to update a watch.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Always have issues updating Series 3.
We have two.
We have "no" 3rd party apps.
Reset watch, or reset iPhone or unpair watch and iPhone.
I also have a Series 5. Never have an issue with it.
Good Luck

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Always have issues updating Series 3.
We have two.
We have "no" 3rd party apps.
Reset watch, or reset iPhone or unpair watch and iPhone.
I also have a Series 5. Never have an issue with it.
Good Luck

Based on what I have read on Reddit, this is a pretty common occurrence with watchOS 7 updates on S3.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
BTW, Fitness+ is pretty good. I did a cycling workout with my iPad (and watch, of course) yesterday, and it worked out great. I'll be doing more in the next few days while I decided whether to keep it or not. I may try one or two with the Apple TV as well.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
BTW, Fitness+ is pretty good. I did a cycling workout with my iPad (and watch, of course) yesterday, and it worked out great. I'll be doing more in the next few days while I decided whether to keep it or not. I may try one or two with the Apple TV as well.

It is a pretty cool app. The interface between watch and screen is quite polished. I did have three hiccups. First, I couldn't find the app for iPad and had to search out a direct link. It is there now. Second, I couldn't get it to offer me the three free months (AW6). I finally found an article that said unpairing and then re-pairing will fix the problem. That's a pain, but it did work. And third, I got it opened and working right on the iPhone but then it wouldn't open on iPad. I finally realized I had to force-close the iPhone app to get the iPad app to work right.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01